Part 41 - Ram's Past

"Let's go to my room Priya and help me with my packing." Dadi said once they finish their breakfast.

"Packing? Are you planning to go anywhere Dadi?" Priya asked confusingly.

"Haan Priya I am going to Amritsar." Dadi informed Priya.

"What? Why are you going all of sudden?" Priya raised her eyebrows with a worried glance.

"It's been a long time since I have been there. I have decided that I will not go there until unless I see Ram getting married. Now that you both are married, I can leave Ram in your safe hands and leave from here peacefully." Dadi said stroking Priya's hair.

"Please don't go dadi. I will be left all alone here...please dadi don't go." Priya eyes got moistened.

"Arre what happened Priya? You are not alone, golu is there and both of you take care of each other." Dadi tried to convince Priya.

"Still dadi please don't go." Priya pleaded dadi holding her hands in hers.

"I will be back soon, don't worry dear. Anyways you both will get privacy if I am not around after all you both are just newly married." Dadi laughed at her own statement while Priya looks embarrassed not knowing how to react to her words.

"No dadi, please don't go. I just entered into the house and you are leaving me in this huge mansion like this." Priya pleaded with her innocent eyes and Dadi couldn't deny her pleading.

Dadi thinks for few minutes before agreeing to stay back. "Okay, I will stay back for now. I can't say no to you puttar." Dadi said touching Priya's cheek dearly.

A big smile crept on her lips as soon as Dadi agreed to stay back. "Thank you Dadi." Priya hugged dadi tightly.

Priya thinks in mind "Thank god, dadi agreed to stay back otherwise I can't stay with Mr Kapoor alone under the same roof. After all dadi will come to my rescue if situation goes out of my hand."

Time rolls into days, Ram and Priya maintain distance with each other and hide their difference between them in front of dadi. Ram spends his most of the time in office and still angry on Priya that how can she talk to him like that. Priya is at least happy that Ram is not bothering her anymore. Priya spends most of her time in reading books, cooking and talking to dadi. At one point of time Priya is completely bored at home and want to rejoin her office as quickly as possible.

"Dadi, can I come inside?" Priya asked Dadi's permission before entering into her room.

"Come inside, you don't need permission to enter my room." Dadi asked her to come inside.

"Dadi I want to join my office from tomorrow. I am fed up sitting idle at home all the day." Priya finally speak out her heart.

"Why do you want to take stress? You don't need to work, we have everything." Dadi tried to make Priya understand.

"Please dadi, I want to continue my job." Priya asked dadi with pleading eyes and dadi couldn't say no to her further.

"Did you have a word with Ram on this?" Dadi asked Priya.

"No dadi" Priya shakes her head sideways.

"Let me talk to him." Priya flashed a smile on her face as soon as she hear this from Dadi.

"Thank you so much dadi."

"What is this album dadi?" Priya asked as soon as she finds the album kept on the side table.

"This is an old album of Kapoor family. Want to have a look?" Dadi asked Priya and gets a nod from her.

Dadi flips the pages one by one and describe about the family members one by one. There are many childhood photos of Ram with his parents. Dadi recollects how she lost her son Amarnath Kapoor and stops in her track caressing on Krishna Kapoor's picture. Priya is curious to know about Ram's mother.