Part 130 - Agony!

Bansi Kaka knocked Ram's door and waited for Ram to open the door. Ram was lost in his own world and didn't even realize that someone knocked on the door. Bansi Kaka waited for a few seconds before knocking again.

Ram came out of his thoughts with a loud knock on the door.

Ram was not in his usual self with his messy hair and stubble beard. He was slowly losing hope of finding his wife and turning into an alcoholic & chain smoker.

After a few seconds, Ram walked to the door and opened it to find Bansi Kaka standing with an envelope in his hands.

Room was filled with a strong smell of alcohol.

"What is it, Kaka?" Ram asked faintly.

"Sir, we received a letter on your name." Kaka said, forwarding an envelope to Ram.

Ram was disinterested to check any letters at this time but took it in his hands before shutting the door.

He casually kept the letter on the table and made himself one more glass of whiskey.

While gulping down the drink, his eyes fell on the letter and a sudden thought entered into his mind to open it. He kept his glass back on the table before picking up the envelope in his hands.

An unknown fear creeped in his brain when Ram glanced at Priya's handwriting on the envelope.

Without any further delay, Ram quickly tore the envelope and opened the letter. His restlessness grew each second.

He started to read the letter and his hands started to shiver.

Upon reading the letter, Ram's eyes filled with tears of anguish while gritting teeth out of anger.

He couldn't believe what he read from the letter.

Ram was sure enough that the handwriting is definitely Priya's but he was unable to digest any word written in that letter.

How can Priya betray him like this? This was the constant thought running through his mind.

Ram's blood boiled while reading Priya's words. Priya mentioned that she cannot live her life in a golden cage. The letter says she wants freedom and wants to spend the rest of her life with her boyfriend, Sanjay. She also mentioned that she lied and cheated him using Shivani's name.  She used that name to hide about Sanjay. She wrote that she loves Ram & her kids but she had to choose her own life over her family for her sanity. She concluded saying she wants to live her life on her terms not on her husband's terms. She ended the letter saying Sorry.

Letter slipped away from his hands as he read the end of it.

His eyes were shut in anguish and tears of agony slipped out of his eyes.

Soon, his nose flared in anger, deep hurt and humiliation.

"Why Priya? Why?" saying this he ran his hand on his head while gripping his hair out of frustration.

"How can you end our relationship just so easily, Priya?" He grabbed a vase from the table and smashed it.

His rage shot to the peak and he threw everything away. He walked back and forth like a maniac as he cannot bear whatever he just read from the letter.

Every corner in the room was reminding him of their lovely moments. He thought everything was alright between them but why did she leave him? This thought stirred him completely.

"How could you do this to me?" He gritted his teeth in anger and smashed whatever he got hold of.

He couldn't look himself in the mirror.