Part 65 - Homecoming

Priya and Ram are in the car entering the main gate of the Kapoor Mansion, Priya discharged from the hospital after 10 days. Security guard opened the main gate as soon as he found Ram’s car.

“James, stop the car close to the main door.” Ram asked Driver.

“Sure sir.” James stopped the car right in front of the main door.

Ram opened the car door for Priya picking her up in his arms effortlessly. Priya did not resist him, as she is not yet in a condition to walk smoothly. She has an arm sling due to her shoulder injury.

“Welcome home Priya!” Ram said, glancing at her once.

“Thank you.” Priya mouthed a thank you to him.

Ram made his way towards the main door where Shipra and Neha ready to welcome her with thali.

“You can put me down now.” Priya looked visibly embarrassed with her mother and Neha in front.

“No need to feel shy. They are family after all.” Ram said, firming his grip on her. Priya closed her eyes in shyness.

“Welcome back home!” Shipra and Neha said in unison.

“What are you doing Maa?” Priya asked, looking at the welcome thali in her hand.

“Casting off the evil eyes from you.” Shipra replied.

“Maa, what is the need for all these?” Priya asked.

“It is needed to ward off evil eyes, don’t deny.” Shipra said moving the thali in rounds around her face before keeping a teeka on her forehead.

“Mr Ram, you can take her inside now.” Shipra said once she is done.

Ram walked inside having Priya in his arms.

Priya recollects the scene when Ram picked her up in his arms before entering into the KM after their marriage.

That time, she was completely against the marriage but this time it is entirely different!

Priya looked at Ram with a warm smile.

“What are you thinking?” Ram asked.

Priya nodded her head in negation, simply smiled looking at him. He did not pester her much and take her inside the house.

***********

“Happy to be back home, finally!” Priya exclaimed sitting on the chair at the dining table. Ram seated right next to her while Shipra and Neha sat opposite to Raya for dinner.

“One second, let me feed you. It will be difficult for you to eat on your own.” Ram said, keeping a morsel of food near to her mouth.

“I can manage Mr Kapoor. Have your food, you must be hungry too.” Priya said.

“I am not that hungry. Let me feed you first.” Ram insisted. Priya agreed to eat from his hand while Shipra and Neha smiled making her blush.