Part 139 - Deal or No Deal?

Sid's back was facing Ram & Priya as they arrived at the cell where Sid was kept in custody for a while.

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to dear Riya. Happy birthday to you." Sid was dramatically swaying his hands while singing a birthday song.

Priya got worried and clutched Ram's hand in fear. Ram squeezed her hand lightly.

"Stop it, Sid." Ram shrieked.

Sid turned around to face them while giving them an evil grin.

"What happened, Bhai? Isn't Riya's birthday today? Am I wrong?" Sid asked, acting innocent. "I do not think so." He said while shrugging off his shoulders.

Ram fumed in anger.

"Am I wrong, Bhabhi?" Sid asked, looking at Priya.

Sid continued, "See, how caring I am. I know every minute details of my brothers' family. Right, Bhabhi?"

Priya frowned in utter disgust.

"Didn't you tell Bhai about how caring I was towards you when you were with us. I agree Ashwin tried to take advantage of you but I never took any advantage of your helplessness, did I?" Sid wontedly picked up this topic to make them feel terrible. He was just pressing the wrong button.

Priya's body shivered thinking about Ashwin's assault and what happened that day.

Ram moved close to the cell and got hold of iron rods before roaring at Sid, "Shut your bloody mouth, Sid. I will kill you if you utter any nonsense anymore."

Sid was slightly intimidated by Ram's action but he knew Ram won't be able to harm him when is in custody.

"Bhai, cool down." Sid smirked. "Why are you getting hyper? It is not good for your health." Ram was getting irritated by Sid's behavior.

"Sid, don't test my patience, just tell me where my daughter is." Ram asked, gritting his teeth.

"Please tell us. We need our daughter back." Priya pleaded to Sid.

"Bhabhi, please do not plead with me like this. I really do not know where Riya is." Sid said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Bastard, I will definitely kill you." Ram was so angry that he wanted to break the lock and go inside the cell to kill that bastard.

Priya moved close to Ram to stop him. Police constables also moved towards them as they heard the loud noises.

"Ram, control yourself." Priya held him back.

"Bhai, I know you want to kill me but let me tell you I will fly away once I get the bail tomorrow." Sid laughed.

"Sid, please don't do this to us. Tell us about Riya, please." Priya asked.

"Not so easily, Bhabhi." Sid replied with a pout.

Priya was scared about Riya's safety. "What did we do to you? Why are you punishing us like this?" Priya asked.

"You have no fault in this, Bhabhi. But, marrying Mr Ram Kapoor is your biggest mistake in your life. These are just perks of being Mrs Priya Ram Kapoor. Can't help it, Bhabhi. You must suffer along with him." Sid's sugar coated words were turning into threats in no time.

Ram was glaring at Sid like a lion looking at his prey. He would ponder on Sid and want to kill him right away but he was holding back his anger just for the sake of Riya.

"Please Sid, don't harm Riya. You can punish me instead of Riya. She is just a small kid." Priya's lips quivered before tears started streaming down her cheeks.