Part 44 - Protective Hubby💕

"Hello Maa!" Priya attends the incoming call happily finding her mother's number flashing on the screen.

"Hello Priya, how are you dear?" Shipra responded cheerfully.

"I am good Maa, how are you? How is Ayesha and Khush?" Priya asked excitedly.

"We all are fine. What are you doing?" Shipra asked.

"I am at work Maa." Priya replied.

"What? Why are you going to work? I mean what is the need to go work since you are a part of Kapoor family now. You don't need to work anywhere else." Shipra asked surprisingly after hearing that Priya has started working.

"Maa Maa, listen what is the problem if I work? I don't understand why everyone is reacting so weirdly since I want to continue my job?" Priya flinched.

"What do you mean by everyone? Don't tell me that you are continuing your job against your husband's and Dadi's will?" Shipra becomes angry where as Priya remained silent.

"So that means they don't want you to continue your work, right?" Shipra asked Priya again.

"Not exactly but something like that sort of. They want me to join Kapoor Industries and I want to continue my present job only." Priya said biting her lips.

"Priya, are you mad? See atleast they are not asking you to sit idle at home. You can work along with your husband, join the KI as they say." Shipra demanded Priya.

"Maa!" Priya cut her sentence in middle realizing no one is with her decision.

"Let's not discuss much over this topic. You submit your resignation at the present office as quickly as possible." Shipra said to Priya.

"I will think about it. Leave this topic. Tell me how things are at home?" Priya asked her mother.

"I called you to discuss about it only." Shipra sounded low.

"What happened Maa? Is everything alright?" Priya worried.

"Why don't you come home?" Shipra asked.

"Yes Maa. Before that tell me is there anything serious?" Priya sounded anxious.

"No need to worry Priya. Nothing serious but just want to discuss something with you. Come home we will discuss and haa inform Ram also. You both come home for dinner." Shipra said

"Ok Maa, I have some work to finish. Will talk to you later." Priya replied.

"Okay dear. Bye." Shipra hung up the call as soon as she gets the response back from Priya.

Priya continue working till evening, finishes her work before time and leaves office early to meet her mother.

"Please take me to Sharma house" Priya told driver before he starts the engine. He obeyed his owner's words.

Priya rings the door bell as soon as she reaches Sharma house. She is happy that she could meet her mother, Khush and Ayesha and spend sometime with them. Her face expressions are changed as soon as she finds Ashwin opening the door.

On the other hand, Ram tries to call Priya but her mobile is switched off. Ram quickly calls her driver to know where she is.

"Shankar, where is Priya Madam?" Ram asked the driver.

"Sir, Priya madam has asked me to take her to Sharma house." Ram's expressions changed thinking why she has gone to her house suddenly without even informing him.