Chapter 4

"Dadi Jaan, you?" Nisha murmured blankly. The woman smiled before walking toward her and patting her head lovingly.

"He came to meet you, my child. He wants to--"

"Amma Jaan, who gave you permission to bring him here?"

Tabinda rushed ahead when she heard voices. Seeing the man she hated the most in front of her door, fumed her in anger. She yelled at the top of her lungs which even made Nisha flinch. She never saw her mother in this fury ever. She was a calm and composed woman. But right now, she was looking different than how she used to be.

The woman sighed and looked at her son then at her daughter-in-law. "Tabinda, look at his state. He...he is dying every day and every night. Don't be so heartless."

"Heartless? You are saying it to me, Amma Jaan? Where was this lecture when your beloved son was heartless towards my poor husband? Huh? He murdered an innocent man, who was his brother. He...he snatched a husband from a miserable wife and a father from a little child and made her an orphan, " Tabinda started crying which made the man in the wheelchair let out a sob too.

Nisha looked at her mother with wide eyes because she wasn't even understanding a bit about what was happening. That man was her father's elder brother and he was the one who killed him. Because of him, she had to live without her Baba all her life.

"Bhabi, please forgive me. I know whatever I did was horrible. I shouldn't have done that. It...it was the nastiest thing one could do with his blood. I...I got my punishment. This paralyzed life with loneliness is killing me alive. But I am truly sorry now. Please Bhabi, forgive--"

"Stop this!" Tabinda raised her hand. "Stop this drama. I know you are still as vicious as you were nineteen years ago. I will never forgive you even if you will die. You snatched away my husband from me. You hurt him. I might have forgiven you if my baby girl wasn't involved in this. Now get lost from here before I will call the police."

"Tabinda. Don't do this, I beg you. He has changed. Please forgive him. Let him die in peace," The old woman raised her hands in the form of forgiveness in front of her.

"Amma Jaan! I don't want to misbehave with you. I only allowed you to come here, not anyone else. Hope you will remember this thing. " She closed the door on their faces.

Nisha glanced at her red face in fear. What was happening?

"Don't you dare open the gate!" Tabinda yelled and reminded her.

Tabinda went straight to her room without even looking at her.

______________________

Filling the glass with water, she came to her room. She softly knocked on the door to find it was left open. She took a sight to relive that at least her mother didn't lock herself inside. She pushed it and strode inside. The room was dark. She thought for a while about her mother's anger before switching the lights on.

Tabinda was laying on the bed, with her elbow covering her eyes. Nisha sat beside her and shook her arm.

"Ammi, drink the water," she softly whispered.

Tabinda took off her elbow from above her eyes and stared at her. Her eyes were red and swollen. Nisha trembled a bit to find her like this that she might lash out at her.

"Come near me," Tabinda mumbled.

She hesitated for a bit before doing what her mother asked what happened next shocked her. Tabinda hugged her tightly.

"I am so glad that I have you. I don't know what would I have done if I have lost you like him. I... I would have died," she moaned while still hugging her.