Chapter 25

She wanted to reach her home as quickly as possible but had to stop when a harsh hand gripped her elbow. She turned around and her jaw dropped in shock finding the person behind, spilling daggers through his eyes.

"Wow! Had fun on a rainy day?"

"Haider.." Only a whisper left her mouth due to panic and fear.

He yanked her arm causing her to yelp in pain. "I can't believe it, Nisha. I always thought of you as an innocent girl. "

"Haider, what are you saying?" Her eyes filled with tears.

"Don't be so naive. Go to your home," he ordered.

He wasn't looking at her right now. His eyes were blood red with anger. His facial features tightened and he was drenched in rain. Did he see her coming out of Ruhaan's car?

"Haider I don't understand..."

"Walk!"

She swallowed a lump when he growled and strode ahead. He too followed her in calculated steps. They walked home in silence. Nisha could feel her heart in her ears. What had happened to him?

When Haider unlocked the gate with a key in his hand, she paused to look at his face which was still so tight before stepping inside.

"Nisha, my daughter...." She first met her crying mother who rushed in her direction and hugged her.

"Where were you?" She asked, kissing her face.

"I got stuck in rain, Ammi."

"Thank God you came, Nisha. We are so worried for you." Aqia came out too followed by Unaiza helping Rutba Begum to walk. She gritted her brows. Why she was there?

"Haider where did you find her?" Tabinda asked her nephew who looked at Nisha with a clenched jaw. She shuddered to see the rage in his eyes. She knew he saw her coming out of a car.

Haider turned towards his Aunt. "Khala Ammi, Ask your daughter with whom she was enjoying the rain and then who dropped her here."

"What do you mean, Haider? It wasn't you who found her?" Aqia asked in confusion.

"Just tell Nisha. Why are you silent? Tell everyone the truth," he shouted suddenly causing her to flinch.

"I...I...Haider that's not what you are thinking," she stuttered.

Haider smirked. "I'll tell everyone instead." After that, he glanced at Tabinda who was already looking at both of them with wide eyes. "Do you want to know who she was with the whole day?"

Abruptly he stopped when his eyes spotted Rutba Begum. "Nisha was with her grandson today. He dropped her here." He pointed his hand towards her.

Everyone's head inclined towards the old woman.

"My grandson? Ruhaan?" Rutba Begum said in confusion.

"Yes," he huffed before gazing at Nisha who was still in her position. "Why are you still silent? Say something. Were you with him or not?"

Nisha rushed towards her mother and held her arms. "Ammi, it's not like what he is saying. Yes, I was with Ruhaan but it was all a coincidence. I...I was stuck in..."

Nisha stopped when a violent slap came across her cheek. She looked at her mother with wide eyes in shock who just raised her hand at her.

"Ammi..."

"Shut up!" She shouted. "How can you do this? Meeting your father's murderers?"

"Ammi, let me explain. It...it was due to rain. Haider is misunderstanding me and--"