Chapter 57

After feeding the twins and collecting their every necessary thing in a bag, she picked them on either of her arms and headed towards her mother's room. Tabinda was folding her washed clothes and putting them in the wardrobe.

Nisha settled the kids on the bed and scattered their toys in front of them.

"Ammi, I am going. The kids will stay here. Aliyan may annoy you a bit but please take care of him. I fed them, they will perhaps sleep again after playing for a while," she said in a clutter.

Tabinda smiled finding her this responsible and mature. Her Nisha was still a young girl but had refined a lot. But when she mentioned Aliyan, her jaw twitched and her gaze quickly went towards the baby who was sucking his thumb while his blue eyes were fixed on his Mumma. He was a carbon copy of that guy. It felt like she was looking at a mini version of Ruhaan. And when she got a memory of Ruhaan, she automatically got to remember Sufiyan as well.

Same eye color, same nose, same prominent cheekbones, and same black hair color. Eshal on the other hand had dark brown hair like Nisha.

The mother in her used to kick back really quickly. He was also her daughter's son and above all, an innocent kid who had no link to anything which happened in the life of his parents. But as soon as she locked her eyes on him, she couldn't control herself from becoming bitter. That was the reason, Tabinda never went near Aliyan.

"You don't worry. I will look after them. You just focus on your studies. It's your first day at university," Tabinda said, matter of factly.

Nisha reached the children and showered them with kisses. She was leaving them out of her sight for the first time after birth.

                    __________________

Her first day at University went well. Zoya got admission with her so they were together all the time. In this way, Nisha didn't have to make a new friend as well. But the whole time, her mind remained occupied with the children. What they were doing, had they gotten well-fed or slept? Her anxiety was more for Aliyan.

Sitting in the rickshaw after the classes ended, she checked the time. It was three in the afternoon. It was kids' sleeping time. She couldn't wait to see them again. Now she understood what a mother felt and it made her respect Tabinda more.

When she reached home, she greeted her mother working in the kitchen and straight stepped towards her room. As she expected, the children were sleeping soundly. She sat on the edge of the bed and softly caressed Aliyan's cheek while pecking Eshal's hair.

"The lunch is ready. Come out," Tabinda informed her.

Nisha nodded. "Just give me five minutes. I will be there after getting freshened up."

"Kids didn't disturb you, right?" She asked, walking over to her mother.

She smiled. "What are you saying? They didn't, especially Eshal. She is a very good girl."

Nisha's lips puckered into a thin line. Just Eshal? "Did they take feed?" She had managed milk for them in the morning before going out.

"They did," Tabinda retorted.
                 ____________________

In the night, she was folding the recently washed clothes of the children and placing them in their cute small cupboard when something caught her attention. They were the divorce papers that she had dropped on her study table yesterday. They were yet to get signed by her and send to Ruhaan. She picked the thing in her hand and regarded it blankly. She had to do it no matter what then what was the use of delaying it?

Sighing, she grabbed a pen and was about to jot down her signature when Aliyan whimpered. Eshal was still sleeping in her mother's room and she didn't feel right waking her up.