Chapter 15

Love is Blind.

You might have heard this quotation sometime in your life but the girl who was shivering badly by just the sight of that white paper was a living example of this.

Unaiza gulped down as she looked here and there before picking up the attendance sheet from the dice. The teacher had left the class and asked her favorite student Unaiza to bring the sheet into her room. All the students also scattered here and there as soon as the lecture ended. Unaiza's forehead was beaded with sweat and her whole body was trembling in fear.

The fear was not of being caught but the fact of backbiting her teacher who had blind trust in her. But she had to do it. She loved him more than anyone else in this world. She could betray anyone but not him. She flipped the paper and reached out for Huzaifa's roll number at the bottom left row. She quickly uncapped the pen and jotted down his signature on the box in front of his name. She licked her lips as she again looked around herself. Spotting there was no one, she took a deep breath of relief before leaving the classroom with the sheet to give to the teacher.

"Thank you Unaiza for bringing it," the teacher gave her a bright smile as she grabbed the sheet from her hand.

"It's nothing, Ma'am," she whispered, returning her smile.

The teacher started going through the attendance sheet which caused Unaiza's eyes to widen in fear. What if she would catch her proxy and would scold Huzaifa for doing this?

The silly girl was still thinking about him even though it would have been her who was going to be in big trouble first.

"Did Huzaifa----?"

Unaiza's hands started sweating in panic. Did she get to know about this?

"Unaiza, where are you lost?" She almost jumped in her place at this, finding the teacher waving her hand in front of her eyes.

"Y...yes Ma'am?" She stuttered.

"Did Huzaifa's team win the last match?" She asked.

Unaiza sighed audibly at this as though she was at ease. "Yes Ma'am they did. "

"Good. You may leave. Again, thank you, child," she said and Unaiza nodded before leaving her room.

               _____________________

She was reading a book, sitting on her desk in the classroom when she heard a noise. She was alone at that time in the class as it was recess time. She lifted her head to find Huzaifa and his team coming inside with smiles on their faces and a crowd of girls was around them, hooting and making fighting signs. Looked like Huzaifa's team won the final. She smiled cheerfully at this.

She corrected her glasses as her eyes landed on him. He was looking so handsome and gorgeous in his royal blue team kit.  The smile on his lips warmed her heart with so much love for him. He was surrounded by girls and boys. Girls were trying their best to gain his attention for once and boys were shouting for him. A flower string was around his neck which made him look so fresh. His eyes landed on her for a split second which made havoc inside her heart. Whatever it was, his crystal brown eyes were Unaiza's weakness. He would have stared at her more (she thought) before someone called his name and he broke his stare away from her.

"Huzaifa, you champion. You again nailed it!" From the right, a petite girl in a colorful cheerleading uniform rushed toward him with excitement. She was so beautiful that Unaiza suddenly felt so ugly and unattractive. She lovingly hit Huzaifa's muscular arm.

"Thank you, Inaya," Huzaifa smiled at her and his eyes twinkled with a different brightness at her sight. He held her hand in his and squeezed it.

The girl named Inaya then started talking to another girl.