Chapter 49

"Do you love me?" Nisha questioned with a blank face, taking out her hand away from her grip.

"More than my own life."

"Then show me. Make me believe," she smirked.

"How?" He said hurriedly. He was willing to do absolutely anything for her to realize he loved her.

Nisha looked back at the paper in front of her, drawing Ruhaan's attention to it too. He totally forgot about it. What was this? She picked it up and regarded it for a moment before looking back at him. Nisha pushed the paper in his direction.

"That's how you should make me believe. If you really have fallen in love with me, then sign these papers," she spoke in a low yet stern voice.

Ruhaan raised a brow, first glancing at the paper than her face. "What is it?"

"A contract which will be between us if you sign this," Nisha replied.

Ruhaan swallowed and held the paper.

"I have three conditions; One you will never snatch away my children from me. They will stay with me, at my mother's place. I will let you meet them but you can never take them away and involve court or custody in this matter. Second---"

"Nisha, what are you talking about? I can never do that. I want us to raise our babies together." Ruhaan was totally offended by her absurd condition.

"Second, I want the legal share of mine from Sufiyan Ahmad's property which he gave me in his sane and sound state of health. Third, I want you to set me free after the birth of the children." Nisha finished whatever she had to say with a sharp inhale.

Ruhaan was stunned hearing her demands. He never in his life thought Nisha would come up with this. Today he was able to look at how strong she had become due to his betrayal. Not having a hint of fear, anxiety, or any other emotion on her face, she was coming across as a girl who knew what her motives and objectives were.

He had no objection to the first two demands. In fact, he didn't even give a damn about the first one. His goal was to get her back in his life. And even the second condition held no meaning for him. If Nisha would ask for his life, he would happily give it to her.

But the third one, he couldn't even think back on it. He couldn't live without her being part of his being. Now Ruhaan thought, Nisha should have asked for his life instead of this damned third condition.

"I have no problem with your first two conditions but the third one, I can't do that. I can't let you go," he told her.

Nisha's lips pursed in a thin line. "You said you would do anything I ask to show you love me."

She thought she was going crazy. Asking him to show his love and sincerity by forcing him to separate them from each other. She wanted to see did he really love her as he now claimed. Wanted to find her heart right this time by claiming that Ruhaan wasn't lying again and he really fell for her. But at the same time, she wanted to satisfy her brain and hurt her ego which Ruhaan had brutally murdered by asking for a divorce. She was becoming messed up and twisted just like her life was becoming. 

"Anything but not this Nisha," he declared, placing his both hands on the table.

Nisha laughed sarcastically. "You don't love me then."

Ruhaan gritted his jaw. "I do. I love you more than anyone else."

She smirked. "No, Ruhaan. If you would have loved me, you would have done it. I also went against my mother for you. A frightened daughter like me needed guts to fall in love with her mother's enemy's son."