Chapter 52

Nisha smiled at her babies who were sleeping contentedly after having their feeding. She was really a mother now. Reaching their cribs, she one by one kissed their small heads.

Looking at her son, she remembered their father. Why didn't Ruhaan come to meet them? Did anyone inform him even?

The doctor said that they would discharge her tomorrow morning as she and the babies were now healthy to go home. Aside from Unaiza, others also came to see her minus Haider. And she was glad he understood her and gracefully went away from her path.

Tabinda entered the room and raised a brow. "Why did you get up from the bed?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Just wanted to look at my children...Ammi, did you tell Dadi Jaan?"

She couldn't take Ruhaan's name directly since her mother would get high blood pressure for no reason.

Tabinda's face became red all of a sudden. "I'll do it now. I forgot it."

Nisha regarded her in confusion but nodded anyway. She sat on the bed again and saw as her mother was calling her grandmother. Her mind automatically drifted to Ruhaan. What would be his reaction to their children? Especially the baby boy who just looked like him? He would be so amazed. And happy!

Unknowingly, Nisha was thinking about him. But quickly her brain flashed with the contract which she made him sign which clearly meant they had to part their ways now as legally the divorce should be initiated by this time. The time had come. She felt the room become crowded all of a sudden and she wasn't able to breathe.

She felt the urge that piece of paper would become extinct from this earth. Or Ruhaan would forget about this. But could she overlook what he did?  Perhaps not.

                   __________________

Upon hearing the news, Ruhaan rushed towards the said hospital. When he entered the room which the receptionist told him, he remained still in his position seeing his babies in the cribs. He got a family even without wanting it in the first place.

Nisha regarded this tall and handsome man who was her heartbeat but she had to let him go for her self-respect, because of what he did, and last but not least; her parents who were wronged by his father. She had to remain a loyal daughter.

How amazing it would have been if their lives wouldn't have been so twisted. Sometimes she just wanted that nothing like this should have happened. She and Ruhaan would have met in normal circumstances. She would have enjoyed all those small joys with him.

Her pregnancy news, the first Ultrasound the first kick, the birth, the first cry, selecting names, and many more. They missed beholding this together. They lost the chance to experience this bliss in each other's company. And this was just the beginning. They would miss many more things in the future as well.

Ruhaan greeted Tabinda who was sitting beside Nisha's bed. Tabinda clenched her jaw but didn't say anything before leaving the room. Ruhaan genuinely felt bad for her now. She became like this because of what his Daddy did with her husband. If he had to win Nisha back even after everything, he needed to appease Tabinda as well. To show her that his Daddy was genuinely remorseful.

Nisha's eyes found the red roses bouquet in his hands. Her favorite flowers and he still remembered it. Ruhaan walked over to her and placed the flowers on her side.

"How are you?" He asked with a smile. She was looking extra weak and pale right now.

"I am fine. What about you?" She question back, leaving Ruhaan stunned. It was very rare that she asked him about his well-being.