Chapter 16

If he had to be honest, Haider was happy with Tabinda's decision. After all, all his way had been made clear itself. He loved Nisha for years and now suddenly hearing about his Khala Ammi's wish for their nikkah brought puffs of happiness to his heart.

But!

But the problem was Nisha's rejection. She refused his proposal with clear-cut words a few weeks ago. What would be her reaction now? He was happy but what about her? He was not the guy who would force someone to like him. He needed to talk to her about this unexpected announcement.

Tabinda's surgery took place successfully and now she was still staying in the hospital for some supervision. Nisha remained there for the first night but after that, Aqia asked her to have some rest and she couldn't reject so Huzaifa drove her to their mansion as she couldn't stay alone at her own house. Tabinda was also relieved that everyone would be there to take care of her daughter.

But even at the home, she couldn't stop herself from thinking about her mother. It was night. She was sitting in the garden with Unaiza as Hiba went back to her room to sleep as she had school tomorrow.

"Nisha Api, I'll make coffee for you," Unaiza offered her. She knew Nisha wasn't going to sleep due to all the stress so the only way to get her away from all that anxiety was by talking to her.

"I'll come with you as well, Iza," she suggested but Unaiza stopped her immediately by saying. "Why would you come to this hot kitchen leaving this cool weather, Api? Don't worry. I'll be right back."

With that, she left without waiting for her reply. What happened to her? Brushing away every thought she started fidgeting with her fingers while thinking about her mother.

Someone coughed fakely, gaining her attention. "Err...can I sit here?" She looked up to find Haider smiling weirdly at her. 

She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't think so you need my permission. It's your house."

Haider's smile deepened as he occupied the chair in front of her. "I think it's still unethical to not ask a girl about joining her who is sitting alone anywhere. It's not about my or anyone else's house."

Nisha rolled her eyes. "You are acting as if you don't know me. We are cousins and know each other since we are children."

"Yes you are right," he pushed a strand of his hair behind. "I want to talk to you about something. "

"What is it?" She raised a brow carelessly. He gawked at her with wide eyes. She seemed to not at all remember what her mother said in the hospital.

"You know quite well that I like you. I am head over heels for you. In fact,  I love you," he announced at which she pursed her lips in a thin line and glanced at him with a straight face but she didn't say anything.

"To be honest, Khala Ammi's wish made me happy. I wanted to have you in my life as my wife and look what happened; it was your mother's wish as well. But...but whenever I think about the time I proposed to you and you rejected me, it brings fear in my heart. Besides, you are silent about this matter up till now. Tell me, do you want to marry me, Nisha?"

"Look," he continued. "I am not in favor of forced relationships. If you don't want to marry me, I will respect your decision. We both will tell Khala Ammi about your wish."

"Haider, Ammi likes you and she believes in you. Talking about the time you proposed to me, it was just my decision but now Ammi wants it too and I can't do anything to make her more worried. I have no issue in marrying you," she mumbled, but her colorless tone and blank expressions were contradicting her words.