Chapter 12

"Doctor, what happened to Ammi?" Nisha asked.

"She seems to have some issues with her gut. She has symptoms of passing vomiting after eating something a bit spicy and having pain and bloating in her abdomen. She might have eaten something unhygienic. Right now, I have given her painkillers. I will recommend you take her to a gastroenterologist. Also, give her simple and less spicy food," the doctor explained in a professional tone.

"Thank you, doctor," Nisha said and bid the doctor goodbye.

She came back to her mother's room and sat beside her. She remembered she had this abdominal pain and vomiting symptoms for quite some years which she always brushed off by taking painkillers. That was the first time, it got so severe.

"Ammi, why don't you take care of yourself?" Nisha asked with a fit of fake anger.

Tabinda smiled and patted the side of her face with her fragile hand. "Because my daughter does it for me then why should I waste my time on it?"

"I am not kidding, Ammi. You never take care of yourself. You always think about me. You know how scared I got to find you on the floor, scampering in pain?" She started crying and crystal tears made their way from her eyes.

"But now..." She wiped her cheeks and licked her dried lips. "I won't let you be more careless about yourself. Get ready, I am going to take you to the hospital. "

"Nisha, there is no--"

"I won't listen to anything, Ammi!" She stood up and interrupted her. "I am going to call uncle majid to come and pick us up. I will take you to a hospital. "

With that, she left the room, not giving Tabinda a chance to now complain. Tabinda sighed as she looked at her daughter's back. She knew her persistence and was quite aware now that she wouldn't let her spare her health problem this time.

____________________

After fifteen days, Nisha reached the hospital from where Tabinda first consulted. The doctor had asked her to undergo some tests and now they were here to fetch its reports. The receptionist asked her to wait so she sat in the waiting area on the bench.

After a while, the receptionist asked her to go ahead so she walked toward the doctor's room.

The doctor went through the reports and the time he was taking, made her heart beat bizarre with every passing minute. The doctor closed the file and now looked at her.

"I am so sorry to say but these reports say that your mother is diagnosed with gall stones. Gallstones are a state in which there are bile deposits in the gall bladder. Bile is a digestive fluid, stored in the gall bladder. Its excessive amount causes stone formation. The gall bladder is an organ that is closely linked to the liver and involved in fat absorption and getting rid of extra fat from your body. "

"But you don't have to worry. It's curable. And the treatment is also really good and will ensure you 100% results. Your mother can undergo surgery to remove her gall bladder. Its removal won't give her many complications and put a hurdle in her daily life. "

____________________

"Nisha stop being stubborn. From where we will bring this huge money for operation? I don't want to get treatment. You should also forget this. It's already so late and you have college in the morning too so go to--"

"Ammi, this time you can't stop me. Nothing is more important to me than your health. I can't see you suffering like this?" She announced. She just came back from the hospital and Nisha informed her of everything that the doctor said. Tabinda was laying on her bed with Nisha sitting at her feet.