Chapter 64

Tomorrow was the last day to deposit the electricity bill. Tabinda wrapped a shawl around her head and grabbed her purse. It was a month since Nisha left and she was only hearing about her safety through the text messages. She was about to go out when the doorbell sounded.

She opened it and found Ruhaan standing on the other side with Aliyan sleeping on his shoulder. He often used to come here after their talk about Nisha that day. Helping Tabinda or taking care of some external things for her. Tabinda noticed he was the most respectful, civil, and gentle person she had ever seen. And it she wouldn't deny, sometimes she thought, she had got a son of her own.

How strange it was. At one point, she considered him her worst enemy. And now her thoughts had totally changed. But it was true. Every person had the potential to change oneself.

"I thought to bring Aliyan to see his grandmother," he chuckled and looked adorably at his dozing son.

Tabinda felt weird. Ruhaan never brought up Aliyan's injury in their talks. But it did increase her guilt seeing that innocent baby. Who got so seriously harmed just due to her negligence. She quickly reached out for him and showered him with kisses.

"Come inside," she offered him and took a side.

Ruhaan nodded and followed her lead. When he reached the lounge, his eyes automatically went toward the roof of the kitchen. On the last day, he got it repaired since it was leaking.

"You should have brought Eshal too," Tabinda commented.

Ruhaan glanced at her and then smiled. "Eshal is attached to Nisha very much. She doesn't like to go anywhere without her. She only accepted me just a few days ago."

Tabinda's eyes watered at this. It just reminded her of Nisha as a baby and how her and Nisha's bond was similar to now Nisha and her daughter. How much she was missing her.

"Were you about to go anywhere when I came?" Ruhaan asked, gulping down the water.

Tabinda nodded. "The electricity bill is due."

Ruhaan stood up. "Give it to me. I'll deposit it."

And Tabinda just kept on looking at this tall, strong, and handsome young man. He multiple times apologized to her for what his father did when it wasn't even his mistake. And he tried his best to amend every bad he did. Her Nisha was indeed lucky to have someone like Ruhaan Sufiyan Ahmad as her husband who loved her so much.

                 __________________

The twins were now ten months old and they learned to stand on their legs as well, though just taking haphazard steps. Nisha was very happy when she saw Aliyan trying to balance himself against a table. He was the first to walk followed by his sister a few days after him. They even began to talk some broken words too. She remembered when Eshal first time called her Mumma. Her babies were growing so fast and sometimes she felt time was passing by so swiftly that she couldn't get enough of their reaching their different milestones.

In the morning, before leaving for university, Nisha dressed the children and took them into her grandmother's room. She was reciting Quraan Majeed. Nisha silently made the twins sit in the middle of her bed. Eshal suddenly became sad seeing her mother going away from them even though months have passed since she was here. Nisha hushed her when she thought to cry and kissed her small hand.

"Nisha, you came. And these two troublemakers are also here," Rutba Begum uttered, coming near to them.

She sat on the bed and patted Aliyan's head who looked at her curiously with his blue eyes just like his Daddy.