Chapter 21

After stopping a rickshaw, she told the driver about the way to her college and sat inside it. In front of her eyes, that scene was lingering. Their eye-lock, his smile, his soft tone, his ocean blue eyes which captivated her in their depth, and at last when he grabbed her wrist.

Nisha looked at her right wrist which was in her lap. She kept on staring at it for a while before she touched it with her fingers. She didn't feel anything. But why it was different when Ruhaan did it? She felt electric sensations in her whole body at that mere contact.

But how could she let him do it? It was wrong. He was na-mehram for her. She shouldn't have let him touch her. Water pooled up in her eyes at the thought. She never allowed any men to touch her not even Haider or Huzaifa did something like this.

(A/N: Na- mehram means a person with which you aren't blood or spouse-related. Who is a stranger to you)

"Bibi G, we have reached," the driver's exclamation brought her out of her thoughts. She looked out of the window at this. They really had reached. Giving the rent to the rickshaw driver, she jumped out of it. Thank God, she was on time as ten minutes were still remaining at the start of the college even.

As she walked inside, Unaiza came to her.

"Nisha Api, you are late today. Is Khala Ammi fine?" She chortled in anxiety.

"Huh? Hmm yes, Ammi is fine...I had a small work to do... Unaiza, my class is about to start. Will meet you in off timing," she diverted the topic by saying this and lazily strode towards her class.

She wasn't feeling herself today. Her interest died in practically every subject and every activity. In her eyes, in her mind, only one person was engraved and that was Ruhaan. She couldn't help but think about him.

It was recess time and she was unlike usual still sitting in the class. Her friend Zoya turned confused seeing her like this.

"Nisha, what's wrong? Why aren't you coming out?"

"Zoya, I am not feeling well," she said playing with her fingers which were placed in her lap aimlessly.

"What happened to you?" Zoya genuinely got worried and sat next to her on the bench. "Because of Aunt?" She referred to Tabinda.

"Perhaps," she shrugged her shoulders. 

"Don't worry Nisha," Zoya placed a hand above hers. "Aunt is fine now. I'll bring something to eat for you. Then both friends will have a chat. Okay?"

Zoya left the class after this, leaving Nisha to drown in her thoughts again.

What thoughts? It was just Ruhaan all around her.

            _______________________

Reaching home, she greeted her mother and directly left for her room to change her uniform. Afterward, she laid down on her bed straight. She didn't even have a meal. Her mind was haphazard. She felt like she was going crazy. She again looked at her wrist. Suddenly she felt Ruhaan's hand's warmth again encircle her. She just left his office without even bidding a proper goodbye. What would he be thinking of her? That she is so rude.

Something came to her mind and she turned around towards her bag and opened its front zip. Her hand disappeared inside and later on, came up with a white card. It was Ruhaan's business card which he gave her. She again laid back and looked at the card without blinking her eyes before her fingers started outlining Ruhaan's name.

His name is just as stylish as his personality. She thought as a faint smile appeared on her lips.

              ________________________