Chapter 14

Ruhaan's eyes gritted in confusion when the driver entered the car in a really underprivileged street. It was in such a bad condition that he thought how came people used to live here? The houses were of raw mud and totally underdeveloped. There was so much garbage and dust all along. Did this Sikandar's family live here and in this condition? Why they weren't rich when he essentially snatched every profit of his Daddy's business?

The driver stopped the car in front of an old-looking small house. It had cracked cemented exterior walls and an eroded grey-colored gate.

"Sir, I think they are not at home. The gate is locked," the driver stated.

It caused Ruhaan to follow his gaze towards the driver's words. He sighed when he saw what that man was saying was true. Now, what would he do? But one thing which happened by visiting this place was good. He now could easily come here without anyone's help.

__________________

"Ammi, even after what the doctor said you still won't go for treatment? She said you can get absolutely fine after undergoing this surgery. And even the company you sell your stitched shirts to has said that they would take care of your expenses then why not?" Nisha said, looking at her mother pleadingly.

They recently came home from the hospital and now she was lecturing Tabinda about it. After coming home from college, she got to know from her mother that she accidentally told the owner of a company to which she used to sell her clothes about her illness. In reality, she wanted to say she wouldn't be able to take more orders for some time due to her sickness. The owner lady was so nice and kind because she was also running an NGO and Tabinda was her older and loyal dealer, she announced that she would take care of her treatment.

Nisha didn't go to the bank for issuing the will's money coincidentally. She directly went to her college from the lawyer's office and thought to take the cash tomorrow as she didn't want to make anyone suspicious by leaving college too much.

"Which company is so generous as to give me twenty lacs rupees Nisha? If they could give me this favor, it means they would ask for something more costly in return," Tabinda tried to reason.

"Ammi, please don't overthink. And I am not listening to anything. You are going to get treatment and nothing else," she squeezed her hand with love. "I'll bring water for you," she announced before going out of the room, leaving Tabinda again to opt for dua for her dearest daughter.

__________________

As time was passing, Ruhaan started to infer the business more and even it gain his interest too since he studied Bussiness Management abroad. He was a hard-working guy and brilliant too which helped him to take better care of everything which was left blankly as his father died. Though it was not as perfect as Sufiyan's era, still Ruhaan managed it as much as he could. The other workers who were his sub coordinates also liked him and assisted him a lot.

One of these was his PA Maha. She instantly grew a likeness for this handsome guy who seemed to be quite serious and to the point. She adored his serious attitude and luxurious persona. His every pore spoke grace to her. Slowly, he was making a way into her heart. She used to give her hundred percent in everything he asked for. Maha loved to do his work and even sometimes went out of the way to please him. One example was when she brought coffee for him when he ordered it for the kitchen worker.

"Miss Maha, why did you bring this? It's not your duty," Ruhaan stared at her with a confused look.

"Sir, I wanted to show you the presentation which you asked me to prepare so I thought why not make the environment light by having some coffee?" She replied with her best smile. She was indeed beautiful and had a classy aura. But Ruhaan had seen many women like her when he was abroad. He used to get the same praises and attention from girls so it was not a new thing for him to get melted.