Chapter 36

"Nisha, your grandmother called yesterday," Tabinda let out causing her to choke on her bite.

Her eyebrows furrowed as a bitter taste came into her mouth. She knew what it would be about. Her grandmother was even telling her to reconsider since according to her Ruhaan didn't know the situation. She clenched her jaw at the thought tightly. How come he didn't know anything? She was only doing this so that she could patch up with Ruhaan again.

"She said her grandson didn't know what his father did and you should consider--"

"Ammi!" She interrupted her. "Tell her I don't have anything to consider, talk and see in this matter. She is our elder so we have to respect her but I won't tolerate my disrespect now. I want a divorce from him."

Tabinda nodded. "I know beta. She tried to make peace in her son's case years back and now doing it again. But I will be standing with you. I won't force you for anything. I shoved my wishes and boundaries on you enough already. It's my mistake he trapped you so easily since you never got the courage to open yourself in front of me."

Nisha smiled bitterly. It was her stupid heart's mistake to fall in love with a monster like Ruhaan. But not now. She would show him that she was least affected by his scheme. She would make the first move as far as getting rid of him was concerned. She would ask for divorce before he would even give it to her himself.

"Ammi let me call Dadi Jaan. I will make a demand of divorce by myself," she announced.

Tabinda squeezed her hands. "You have my back."

"I should leave now," she mumbled, looking at her wrist. Standing up, she kissed her mother's hands. "Take care of yourself."

"How will you go? Now Haider isn't even--" Tabinda stopped ay.

Nisha's lips straightened into a thin line at this. "I will take a cab. From tomorrow I will ask Uncle Farooq to resume. I will go with him from now on." She referred to the rickshaw driver who used to take care of her pick and drop before Tabinda advised Haider to do this.

Tabinda nodded. "In Allah's protection."

              ______________________

He was losing it. Ruhaan knew he was losing it. The plan was working smoothly till now. He used his charm on Nisha Sikandar and she fell head over heels for him. He tried to make her rebel against her mother and she did it in her way; by talking to him on calls and meeting him discretely. She married him and he made her sign those ownership papers. The divorce in the reception night was also long plotted. A way to ruin her and her parent's dignity. A means to show the world how two-faced, blackmailers and cheaters they were.

Everything was under his control until he saw her curled up in his bed and crying silent tears which perhaps were silent for her but not for him. Her sobs were disturbing him, making hard grease wash off his heart.

Intimacy was never in his plan. He had no limitation on girls and just gestures, he could get any woman beside him. But with Nisha Sikandar, his heart was urging him to be with her; to just lost himself in her scent, flavor, soul, and body. The tenderness, affection, and gentleness his body was showing to her proved the fact that he had fallen in love with her.

While faking being in love with her, he fell crazily for her for real. The emotion which was making him restless was love. The emotion when he saw her cry when he noticed she was sad, and when he behold her shyness in his presence. She was the epitome of love; her every pore had a love for him. And she made him love her as well.

He was perplexed between not wanting to confess and an impulse to be with her forever. That emotion was killing him and he was trying to find calm by taking it out on live-less things like his punching bag. But nothing was giving him peace except to drown himself in that girl's love. To forget himself with her.