Chapter 53

Today the weather was pleasant from the morning. Dark, grey clouds were hovering over the sky and a cool breeze was swaying around, making everything look so soothing and wonderful. Even now despite the evening, it felt like it was night due to the heavy climate.

Ruhaan stopped his car in front of Nisha's house. It was ten days after the birth of the babies when he came to visit her and his children.

Grabbing the presents he brought for the twins, he got out of the car. He was excited to meet them but at the same time anxious that what if Nisha would bring that divorce thing again? They still didn't sort out anything except her now being not blatantly repulsive of his presence. They talk reasonably and she let him enter her house as well. Nonetheless, nothing was candid enough to give him hope that Nisha might change her decision. She was still so determined and never let her walls break away around him since the time they kissed last time.

It just gave proof of her still having feelings for him and not being able to avoid his presence.

Pressing his finger on the doorbell which as usual didn't ring, he remembered it was long out of order. Sighing, he picked up his phone and dialed his assistant to send an electrician here to replace it.

He knocked on the gate later on which got open after a while, revealing Tabinda. Her face suddenly turned grip seeing him and she clenched her jaw.

Ruhaan smiled respectfully as he greeted her. "How are you, Aunt?"

Tabinda scowled at him and walked back into the kitchen. Despite how much she desired to kill that guy, she couldn't stop him from entering her house. His children lived there and no one could refrain him from meeting them.

Nisha who was cleaning the used dishes after breakfast worriedly looked at her mother who was breathing heavily. She smashed her fists on the slab angrily.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"He came," Tabinda snarled.

Nisha's hand stopped which was applying soap on the plate. "Ruhaan?"

Silence from her mother meant it was him. She left the dishes and washed her hands before stepping out. She found Ruhaan in the corridor, looking curiously at her mother's sewing machine.

"You? At this time?" She mumbled, drawing his attraction towards her.

"Since when your Mummy is sewing clothes?" Nisha turned confused. It wasn't an answer to his question. Also, it was not something she was expecting him to ask.

"Since I gain senses, I found her doing this to make a living... Why are you asking?"

Ruhaan shook his head. "Not any particular reason. Where are the kids?"

"They are sleeping. If you want to see them, then they are in this room," she pointed her hand toward her room. "But beware not to disturb them, especially Aliyan. If he will wake up, he will put on havoc," she chuckled and Ruhaan's lips spread too.

"Right now, I will just watch them. When they will wake up, I will meet them as well," he asserted and pulled his occupied hands in front. "I have brought gifts for them."

Nisha nodded in understanding and took the shopping bags from him. "I'll make sure to make them use it so that you can see it."

Ruhaan smiled in gratitude. How nice was she? She always managed to make him fall for her more and more every time they met.

He went to Nisha's room afterward. Seeing his sleeping newborns, warmed up his heart. His beautiful babies.

He was playing with Aliyan as he as usual woke up earlier. He seemed to get familiar to him more as compared to Eshal who still was quite reserved around him. Unaiza entered the room with a glass of water.