Chapter 22

"Ammi, here...have some breakfast." Nisha came into her mother's room with a tray having different breakfast items and announced this.

Tabinda first stared at her daughter's tired face then the plastic tray in her hand which had two bread slices, a glass of juice, and a bar of butter. Means it was just her breakfast. She didn't eat herself. It really had been a hell of two weeks for her daughter since she got bedridden.

"Did you have breakfast?" Tabinda asked instead.

She nodded. "Just tea." She made a morsel and forwarded it to her mother.

Tabinda narrowed her eyes. "Why just tea? You should have eaten something. "

"Ammi, I wasn't hungry. I will eat something in college. Right now, I have the tension of my test and you know I am not able to swallow something down my throat when I am tensed."

Tabinda shook her head in disappointment. She knew this trait of her daughter so couldn't argue anymore. "Don't forget to eat."

"As you say Ammi," she smiled. "Now at least you eat," she again pulled her hand towards Tabinda at which she now took a bite.

"Aqia Khala is about to come to look after you. I called her to come. If I wouldn't have a test, I wouldn't have gone," she informed her mother in a hurry.

"It's okay. You have college too and can't just stay with me all time. " Tabinda lovingly pat her fair cheek. "Go with Haider to college. "

Nisha who was making another morsel abruptly stopped and looked at her mother with a raised brow. "Ammi, uncle will come to pick me up. It's not a good thing to disturb Haider all the time. He has his life too."

"Beta, you are going to be in his life in a month." Nisha felt something move fast inside her stomach at this. She should be happy with this but why wasn't she? Haider was a reasonable man by all means. He was a good-looking, well-established, respectful guy and on top of all, he loved her then why was she feeling so hard to accept him?

It was because of Ruhaan. Haider loved you but you loved Ruhaan, Nisha. Her heart informed her.

"Besides, he offered me this since I once tell him how I get really anxious for you," Tabinda continued, breaking the disclosure of some harsh truths. 

"Okay, Ammi, as you wish," she shrugged her shoulders.

Haider and Aqia reached after fifteen minutes. Aqia started looking after Tabinda and she left with Haider for her college.

"Ammi, I am going. You have to take care of yourself. Hmm?" She kissed her hand before looking for an answer. Tabinda nodded with a smile.

"Go safely," Tabinda mumbled when they were gone.

                  ___________________

"I thought you weren't going to accept my offer," Haider began when they were in sitting in his car.

Nisha's eyes darted from the surroundings to him. There was a sheepish grin on his lip. She understood his meaning but decided to remain clueless. "What offer?"

"Your pick and drop offer. I asked Khala Ammi to lend me this duty. In this way, she would be at ease," he announced, a matter of factly.

"When Ammi is happy this way, what can I do?" She confessed. "I mean I too felt it was unreasonable. You have your work too. And I am not a child who needs someone's supervision."

"I don't feel it as a burden, Nisha. To be honest, I am happy like this. I can see you more often," he lovingly whispered the last line, directly looking into her eyes.