Chapter 31

"Who told you to do that?" Ruhaan asked sternly.

Even though his anger for that woman in the photo frame should have made him yell but he was amazed at how his tone softened when his gaze locked on Nisha's face.

Nisha who felt proud of herself that he would get happy with her effort, suddenly her smile dropped. "No one. I did it myself. I thought you will like it...." Her eyes glistened with wetness. "I am sorry if you didn't like it."

Ruhaan sighed deeply at how vulnerable he had become around this girl. Her upcoming tears again made him restless. He had no wish to see them. What the hell was that? Why was he feeling this weak around her? He never gave a damn around women. They always flock around him but he never gave any of them any significance. What special was in this girl?

Attraction? His mind got static at one point.

It wasn't possible. He quickly shook his head. He was playing the act of love with her. It was all a fabrication- a lie.

"Have you gotten mad at me, Ruhaan?"

He glanced at her and the overflowing tears finally made their way through her eyes. He winced at the sight and quickly grabbed her arm. Pulling her towards him by her waist, he regarded her face closely.

He wiped her ruddy cheek with his thumb. "Don't cry again," he whispered.

She shivered under his touch. Ruhaan cupped her face between his palms. Another tear fell and touched his thumb before making a pool of water upon his digit. He closed his eyes in annoyance. He leaned near her face and kissed away that tear. Nisha felt her head buzz when his hot lips made contact with her skin.

"I said don't cry," he again murmured.

She sniffled her nose. "I made you angry."

"You didn't, Nisha, " he said caressing her cheeks. Her tears proved to be the biggest weapon for him to surrender.

She looked up at him with wide eyes. He roamed his gaze at her face and it halted at her lips; having a natural tint of pink. Ruhaan suddenly got a strong urge to feel those lips on his own. He didn't know what it was and how it developed but right now that was the only thought lingering in his senses. Her sweet perfume was filling his nostrils while her small sobs were heightening his desire.

He reached out for the back of her head and lifted her face a bit before slamming his lips on hers. Nisha shuddered at his sudden attempt but he wasn't looking for any backing off. He wanted to savor this girl. He bit her lower lip when she was stiff in giving him access. But soon her instinctive hesitation fell apart and she allowed him to explore every corner of her mouth.

She tasted like heaven, he had to admit.

He was kissing her crazily, like this would act as water to soothe the fire of rage burning in his heart.

And she was loving the feel of his lips on hers. The initial shyness now got replaced by her craving and love for this man. If only they both wouldn't be breathless due to lack of oxygen, they perhaps would have kissed each other more.

Ruhaan pulled away from her abruptly. His mind was unable to process why and how this happened. He looked at her blankly whose cheeks were red from blushing.

The fire in his heart had taken the form of an unknown spark. It didn't get down or suppress as he wanted it instead, its heightened need was still burning it.

During the time he was wooing her, he loved seeing her melting by his flirt; a so-called display of affection for this kitten. He wanted to break her and her mother. But now he felt on a verge of losing everything. It was like he wasn't breaking her, but himself instead. Breaking his heart's wall for her to enter and his mind's chains for her to fill her thoughts in it. The thing which never came into his mind and was never a part of his plan was overpowering his every sense.