Chapter 46

Ruhaan parked the car in front of her house. He removed his sunglasses and regarded his surrounding. He remembered a few months ago, he was so disgusted with this unhygienic and polluted street but now, even though he wasn't sensitized to it, he wanted to come here again and again to catch a glimpse of her. His Nisha.

He got out and pressed the bell of her house but his brows gritted together when it didn't ring. He tried again but still in vain. Getting disappointed by it, he knocked on the gate. After a couple of strikes, it got opened, revealing Nisha.

His gaze roamed over her. She was as usual looking so pure and beautiful in a light pastel-colored dress, covering herself in a grey shawl. Her hair was tied in an elegant braid, which was failing to bind her hair as many strands of her hair were falling on her temple and the side of her cheeks. He had realized she had extraordinary silky and sleek hair which he loved to touch during their moments together.

Bringing himself out of his thoughts, he regarded her whose green eyes again held the hatred for him. But he was the only one who could see the love which she had buried inside.

"Hi." He smiled. "How are you?"

"Your baby is doing well," she replied, sternly, causing him to look at her dumbfoundedly since he never expected this.

He rubbed his nape and gestured toward the bell. "What happened to the bell? It wasn't working when I pressed it."

The bell stopped working probably a month after the heavy rain.

"It shouldn't be your concern," Nisha said in the same dry tone as before. "And yes next time if you have to check up on your child 's well-being, go directly to the clinic not here."

Ruhaan sighed. She had become tough. So much so that he couldn't believe it was the same Nisha who used to cry over small things. He was indeed a jerk to misuse her emotions like this.

"Here I have to object. I don't want to perform my duty incompletely and unsatisfactorily," Ruhaan protested.

Nisha looked at him with a clenched jaw. She couldn't say no here. He would come up with different arguments regarding his right to the baby. "Wait for two minutes."

Ruhaan accepted. "Sure."

Nisha shut the gate and turned around to find her mother. "Was it him?"

Nisha nodded. "I'll go with you." Tabinda offered.

"No, Ammi. You shouldn't go. You won't be able to control yourself," she declined softly.

"What if he tries to do something to you? You will be alone with him now," Tabinda's voice felt like on the verge of crying.

Nisha scoffed. "Nothing will happen. Don't worry...I'll go now. It's already too late. I have to do another important thing as well."

Tabinda raised a brow. "What's that?"

"I'll tell you once I'll be back," she asserted and grabbed her handbag from the divan. "Bye. Don't start working endlessly."

After a while, she came out and found Ruhaan standing near his car, taking its support. He straightened noticing her. He was in his black three-piece. Perhaps he came to her directly from his office. He opened the door of the passenger's seat for her. She shot him a cold stare before sitting inside. But what happened next shocked him.

"Don't!" She said when he tried to close the door of her side. "I can do it myself."

She did what she said when Ruhaan left the door.

Ruhaan regarded her silently briefly. This was yet another time she tried to embarrass him but instead of feeling angry, his lips spread. This was her way of showing herself and him that she was able to resist him now.