Chapter 45

Now as Ruhaan pondered upon it, this news was perhaps the solution to the problem which was bothering him for the last three months. Nisha wasn't believing in his words and any justification but he could show her by his actions how much he loved her and now their child. Perhaps this baby would act as a means to break all the hurdles in their path and unite them again. He had a few months to prove his loyalty and love to her.

"But this marriage was all a revenge plan for you, Ruhaan. Don't tell me---"

"Dadi." Ruhaan eyed her. "I lost myself when she became my wife. I then realized my plan was working according to my heart, not my brain. It was all driven by heart, I have no control over which. I fell in love with her ever since I discovered her fondness for me. Ever since she made me do something other than work. Ever since she scratched the robotic self of mine and brought out a human side."

"So you want to prove yourself in this period," Rutba Begum uttered.

Ruhaan nodded. "That's what I will do."

She touched his shoulder and smiled. "That's such big and joyous news. I will become a grand-grandmother." She chuckled. "Ruhaan, Allah has given you a chance so use it wisely."

                ___________________

Her entrance test went well and now Nisha just hoped and prayed for admission to a medical college soon. To stand her on her own for herself and her baby.

Today was such a hot day and when she came back from the center, she was drenched in sweat. At home, a piece of bad news was waiting for her. At least something which she couldn't even imagine in such weather. The load shedding was on full show these days and now suddenly their UPS battery died and now there wasn't even a fan.

Nisha felt she wouldn't be able to breathe in such a constrained and unventilated space of her room but she couldn't go anywhere else. Outside the sun was pouring fire. She started walking around, wavering her dupatta on herself to get some air.

Her mother entered the room with lunch. Even Unaiza too left when her classes started.

She smiled weakly. "Ammi, I am not hungry. I would have taken the meal by myself."

Tabinda placed the tray on the bed and gestured to her. "But you shouldn't roam empty stomach like this. You need nutrition."

She pouted and walked towards her. She carefully sat on the edge of the bed."When will the power come back?"

Tabinda shrugged. "I don't know. It's been two hours already."

Nisha's eyes widened. "Two hours?"

"I am thinking to ask for an advance from the client from the defense. We should renew the battery of UPS as soon as possible. The weather is so hot and it's not good for you like this."

Nisha gulped down the cold water and felt alive again. "Ammi, I think I should get a job again. It's not going to be easy. Now after a few months, we will have to take care of the necessities of a newborn too."

She remembered Ruhaan had once tried to sabotage her job and now she would do it again to show him she could never get scared by him.

Tabinda clenched her jaw in anger. "Why should you suffer all this? The one who got you in trouble is getting successful left and right. Living a happy and prosperous life. "

Nisha narrowed her eyes and put the glass back. "Ammi, why do you forget the fact, again and again, that it's my baby too?  And my baby can never be a trouble for me."

She took a deep breath and squared her shoulders. "I was saying I want to do a job again. I still have two months till my result and till I can bear it, I will do any work. And also, we can't live like this forever. We have to work extra to make both ends meet after the baby will be born."