Chapter 55

Today Ruhaan wanted to talk to Tabinda. To tell her everything which she was thinking was a drama. To reach Nisha wouldn't come without appeasing her mother. Besides, since he got to know the truth, he felt bad for her. How difficult it would have been for her as a young widow with a little daughter? And for this, he needed to gather a lot of calmness in him since she was bound to turn bitter as well.

But for Nisha, he could bear any hurdle on his way to her.

He picked up Aliyan in his arms as the baby started hysterically screaming when he tried to leave him. He walked into the hall, finding Tabinda still busy sewing. Nisha was probably in the kitchen, as he could hear some sounds from there.

Tabinda's stare caught the attention of his expensive shoes then it flew from his branded business suit and handsome face. Her pupils dilated with contempt.

"I would like to talk to you, Aunt," Ruhaan started, respectfully.

Tabinda narrowed her eyes. "But I don't want to even see your face. You son of a murderer."

Nisha heard her mother's shout and quickly rushed out of the kitchen. She even heard what she said and now she understood why Ruhaan was asking her about Tabinda. She reached there, fearing the worst.

Ruhaan closed his eyes to calm himself down. Even Nisha noticed it and to avoid any mishap, she didn't know whether she should intervene or not. She didn't know why Ruhaan was suddenly doing this even without telling her.

"Aunt, please give me a few minutes. Some things need to be clear or else they will keep on transmitting from generation to generation," Ruhaan asserted, politely.

"Why aren't you divorcing my daughter? Why are you still constraining her to yourself?" Tabinda completely went off track here.

Ruhaan glanced at Nisha with a hurt look and was not surprised to find the same in her eyes as well. They both were avoiding this topic and now suddenly when it appeared again, their heart started fearing an unpleasant happening.

Tabinda was so loud that Aliyan started crying. She glanced at her with disgust; the same look with which she was behaving with his father. Nisha clearly saw it and found the similarities. And it almost made her soul suck out of her body.

Ruhaan quickly stroked his back and mumbled some soothing words in his ear. He started looking at his Daddy with his cute blue eyes. She was stunned by how easily he used to console her baby boy.

"I will do what Nisha wants. For me, her happiness is the priority. But before anything, I want you to give me a chance to speak on my Daddy's behalf and to clear my position as well." Nisha heard him say. Her heart started fluttering with anxiety.

Ruhaan sensed her presence and regarded her with yearning in his eyes. He smiled at her.

"I love her so much. I brought her into my life with a supposed motive but she became my everything," he mumbled with a heavy voice.

Nisha was astonished by his confession. But why did it feel genuine to her right now?

"Daddy was honestly very apologetic for what he acted to you all." He reached for his pants pocket and later on, came out with a white folded piece of paper and pushed it on the divan.

"It's Daddy's letter which he wrote to you. He wanted to ask for forgiveness. One does make mistakes, Aunt, and it's ---"

"It wasn't a mistake. It was a sin. He made his brother die. And I have nothing to hear from you. Just get lost from my daughter's life as soon as possible," Tabinda shouted at the top of her lungs, not caring about Aliyan who really started crying now. She scrambled away after this.