Chapter 59

"I want to talk to you," Tabinda said.

Ruhaan raised a brow in confusion but straightened his expression quickly. "Yes, what is it? I am listening."

"Can we sit and talk?" Tabinda looked around and mumbled. She seemed apprehensive to Ruhaan.

"Sure."

"Look, whatever happened to Aliyan, it wasn't Nisha's fault. You shouldn't make her feel guilty for it," Tabinda stated.

Ruhaan regarded her face for a while before shrugging. "I have no such intention. I know, of course, it isn't Nisha's fault. Aliyan is a kid and kids do get hurt while playing."

She sighed. "I just want you not to take her children away from her by accusing her of not being a good mother. She loves them very much. She can sacrifice her life for them."

"Aunt, what are you saying? Why would I snatch away kids from Nisha? I know she is a very good mother to them. It was just an accident and I know this fact." Ruhaan was seriously confused by whatever she was saying. She wasn't making any sense. Or perhaps she was thinking of him as such a low person who would blame Nisha for what happened to Aliyan.

                 ____________________

This night, Tabinda decided to stay as Nisha went back home. But no one knew why Nisha did this when her heart didn't want to stay a second away from her baby boy.

Tabinda had prayed for Aliyan's well-being the whole time yesterday. This accident made her realize how much she loved Aliyan. Despite not showing any likeness to him, her heart couldn't help but to get connected to her adorable, naughty grandson. She was missing his playfulness, liveliness, and the way he used to look so cute roaming everywhere when he learned to crawl.

"Aunt."

She came out of her thoughts at Ruhaan's voice. She looked up to find that tall, handsome young man offering her a cup of tea.

"The weather is getting colder. Have the tea. You will feel better," he explained.

Tabinda observed him closely before accepting the cup. He never for once talked defiantly with her. He always gave her respect. Although she could remember, not once did she answer his greeting.

"Listen." Ruhaan was about to leave when she called him. He turned around and faced her.

"Why aren't you giving divorce to my daughter? You got your money back and with this, technically your necessity with her should end. Or is it because of your kids? But I don't think a person like you should get bound to a woman just because of children. I mean, you can easily snatch them away from Nisha and she wouldn't be able to do anything." Tabinda brought up the problem rising in her mind since the time it all started.

Ruhaan smiled and sat next to her. "Love. Love is the thing that is binding me with your daughter. I attempted to fake something when it was real. I fell in love with Nisha the first glance I laid at her."

Tabinda had experienced so many circumstances. Her hair got white while this. The brightness she was seeing in Ruhaan's eyes right now was of sincerity and love. She knew it and ironically, she didn't try to defy herself this time.

"Why do you love her?" It was a weird question and as far as Tabinda thought, she shouldn't be asking Ruhaan this.

"Do love need any explanation, Aunt? It just happens on its own," Ruhaan reasoned.

Ruhaan watched as she got up from the bench and walked away. Today was the first time they had a civil talk. As two people interacting with each other just for the sake of a common person, they loved mutually. And Nisha was the one they both could die for.