Chapter 29

"Is everything alright?" Ruhaan asked looking at his crying bride. He shook his neck in irritation. Not another crying session now. He couldn't bear it.

Rubta Begum separated Nisha from her chest and looked at Ruhaan without turning her body. "Yes, everything is fine. She is just missing her mother."

She cupped Nisha's face in between her palms. "Don't cry now. The servant will be coming now. Dry your face." She wiped her tears with the pads of her fingers.

The servant soon came and gave the phone to Rutba Begum. She quickly dialed Tabinda's number which she picked up after a few bells.

'Tabinda, dear have you reached home safely?"

"Yes, Amma Jaan. Why did you ask? Is there any problem?"

Nisha took a deep breath of relief at her mother's words.

"No no, there is nothing. I was just checking on you. Sleep well. Allah Hafiz."

"Is it okay?" She now turned towards Nisha.

She quickly nodded. "Thank you, Dadi."

Rutba Begum patted her cheek before turning towards Ruhaan. "Take care of her Ruhaan."

"Sure, I will." He smiled.

Rutba Begum left the room shortly and Ruhaan glanced at his newlywed bride who now was again looking at her lap. Didn't she get neck strain by sitting like this? Now he had to bear her in his room as well. He shook his head and took off his sherwani.

"Go and change the dress. You must be tired," he called her at which she finally looked up at him.

She nodded but turned a bit stiff when she found him opening the cuffs of his sleeves. Ruhaan's eyes followed her gaze but he didn't stop. Because why would he? It was his room and he could do whatever he wanted there.

Nisha carefully got out of bed and walked past him. Ruhaan looked at her every move with confusion. She stopped near her blue suitcase placed in the corner of the room and fumbled to open it. But it was too heavy that she was more failing than succeeding to open it.

"Back off. I'll open it for you," Ruhaan said from behind her.

She took a few steps back and let him take the lead. Ruhaan regarded her with an annoyed look before crouching down and pulling the zip of the suitcase in one go. The lid separated from the rest of the bag with a thud, revealing a picture plopped on the top. It was Nisha's mother's picture. She hastily took the photo and held it to her chest as a tear fell from her eye.

Ruhaan slowly got back on his feet. His eyes were never leaving her blubbering eyes. He should have felt happy seeing her tears but he wasn't. He instead was feeling bad for her.

She kissed the picture and put it back inside the suitcase. She hunched over it and took out a random yellow dress. After that, she went inside the washroom.

I should not feel anything for her. She deserved it. Her mother deserved it more than she did.

He shrugged his shoulders and took off his vest. He was used to staying shirtless in his room. That time too he didn't pay heed. His phone charging was near to nothing. He searched for his charger in the drawer and pushed it inside the switch while scrolling through his phone, half laying on his usual side of the bed.

He opened a WhatsApp message from Bashir to find a picture of the ownership document sent to him. He smiled in satisfaction as he zoomed in on the photo.

Just a day more and then he would get rid of this girl altogether. He would reveal her and her parent's true identity in front of the whole world in their reception. Girls usually got ditched and left by their grooms on their wedding day, she would get the same humiliation at her reception. He smirked wickedly at his thoughts. The rage of revenge burning in his heart had finally cooled down.