Chapter 44

Ruhaan had mixed emotions of shock, surprise, and the last but the biggest one happiness. "Pregnant?"

Nisha didn't say anything.

"Nisha...you...are you for real? Our baby..." he whispered.

And the look on his face was so delighted and amazed that Nisha for a split second got mesmerized by his reaction and almost convinced herself that he was really happy. She wished he didn't have done that. She would have been so happy to share the news with him.

But the next moment she forced herself out of the fool's paradise. He was a simulator of sweet deceptive expressions. Even if this reaction was true, then it was just because it concerned his baby.

"Of course, we can't have divorce in this period. But after the baby will be born, we will proceed with the divorce," she announced.

Ruhaan grimaced. "Nisha, do we really have to use this word again now? Can you not see? Even Allah wants to bind us together or else HE wouldn't have given us this blessing."

He looked up at her when she remained silent. He reached for her hand which was placed on the table and held it in his strong one.

Nisha tried to pull her hand away but he increased his grip. "Give me a chance, Nisha. Please. I promise you I won't hurt you anymore. I will protect you and our baby."

Nisha felt her heart would jump out of her chest. The sensation of his big yet warm hand had put her emotions upside down. It still gave her the butterflies which she hated. After such a long time, he had touched her and but her reaction was the same as before.

Nisha jerked away her hand from under his. "Don't try to touch me again, Ruhaan. And I said what I wanted to say. We won't talk on this topic anymore till the birth of this baby. You should stop following me now. "

"Why should I not?" Ruhaan said through gritted teeth. "You are my wife and now my child's mother as well."

Nisha closed her eyes in annoyance before opening them again. Her mother was right; Ruhaan would blackmail her now with this.

"Just your child's mother and nothing else. Ruhaan, I don't like to repeat myself. And you can't force me," she glared at him.

Ruhaan's eyes widened in distrust. He cleared his throat and shook his head. "I never intended to force you. But at least put a bit of trust in me again. I know it was me who broke your trust but I want it to rise again. Not for me but for our baby's sake. I know you don't believe in my words but let me prove at least with my actions."

Nisha clenched her jaw in anger. The sincerity in his words and face was annoying her. At the same time, the waiter came back with their order.

"Excuse me, how much is the bill?" She asked him.

The waiter raised a brow. "Now?...I'll bring it." He quickly mumbled seeing her grim expression.

"Leave it, Nisha. I'll pay," Ruhaan said.

Nisha gave him a twisted smile. "Go ahead. I at least have no interest in stopping you. Pay the bill for your order."

When he thought she wouldn't even look at the order, he proved to be wrong. Nisha picked up the glass and attached it to her mouth. She gulped it before putting it back and wiping her lips. Ruhaan's eyes dropped to her lips and suddenly his heart urged him to feel them again on his own.

Nisha noticed where his gaze was lingering and she pulled away her hand from her lips. She scowled at him at which he looked into her eyes and smiled sadly. He suddenly felt like punching himself for being such a bastard to hurt this girl who was so pure and beautiful inside out.