Chapter 6

He took a deep breath to inhale the familiar air of his home country into his being after he came to the airport parking. But right after, he started coughing wildly. Later on, he took out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his nose.

'How much dust even this airport has. How will he survive in the city?'

He thought.

There was so much brightness here that he had to put on sunglasses to calm his eyes down. The scorching heat made his whole body flooded with sweat. He was wearing a three-piece royal blue suit which he was complimenting his otherwise vibrant persona.

It was after years he came back here; most probably twenty years! He was fourteen years old when he went to Australia to study and during that time, he never visited Pakistan back. Might be it was due to his negligence or because of his father's constant emphasis that his sole focus should be on his study or else he wouldn't ask him to come back. He got used to living abroad. The internet made everything easy and he was easily able to have contact with his family. Now he didn't know how would he accommodate here.

But he knew he didn't have to stay here forever. He just came here to see his Daddy. He was just angry that they all hid his sickness from him; his only son. He had decided he would ask him to accompany him to Australia and get his treatment from there. He would risk anything for his Daddy's health.

Spotting a silver car and its familiar number plate which made it evident that it belonged to his Daddy, he walked closer to it. His Grandma had informed him that she would send a car to pick him up from the airport and looked like it was the one. She even messaged him the car's color and number too.

It all matched with what she sent but he was still reluctant to sit. After a while, the driver came out and called his name at which he nodded and finally settle into the back seat. After a while, he got a call from his grandma and he reassured her by saying that he got into the car safely and was now coming toward their mansion. Suddenly he remembered something. He turned towards the driver.

"Can you take me to a flower shop? I want to buy a bouquet," he told the driver.

"Yes sir," the driver replied professionally.

After buying a beautiful bouquet of white and red roses, he asked the driver to take him to a fruit shop. He knew how much his father loved mangoes and since it was its season, he thought to buy them for him.

He was so excited to meet his family. His Daddy, his Grandma, and lastly his little, cute sister Rahmeen. How much he missed her when he was aboard. Even though he used to chat with them daily but he still couldn't get enough of talking with Rami; a nickname name which he gave her. She would get so happy to see him. He smiled at the thought.

After a drive of half an hour, he finally reached Sufiyan's Mansion. He picked up the flower bouquet in one hand, a basket of fruits in his other one, and got out of the car. The house was still the same as when he saw it for the last time when he was a child. It was so vast with a whole white building.

Ruhaan savored the sight of the house with utmost devotion. This suddenly reminded him of his mother who left them so early. She died during the delivery of Rahmeen. He was eight years old back then. After her death, he suddenly became older. He forgot his suffering and started acting like more than an elder brother to her.

He pushed himself to come out of his thoughts and started walking toward the mansion. In all this while, he got a little confused seeing so many cars in the vicinity of their house. What was happening that so many cars were there? He stepped ahead in the corridor and reached the main gate, only to be get frozen in his place seeing a dead body placed in the hall. It was surrounded by so many people.