Chapter 30

After Ruhaan came back after having a shower, his nostrils flare in anger seeing what Nisha was doing. How could she place this woman's picture in his room? He was already barely able to tolerate her and now had no wish to see her mother's face every time he entered his room.

"Why are you putting it here?" He asked sternly.

She who was so engrossed in her thoughts got her heart in her throat at his sudden voice. She turned around to face him and a bit of courage that was left in her flew away like a bird seeing him yet again shirtless. He was just wearing gym sweatpants. His hair was wet and falling on his forehead from the recent shower. And his broad chest and chiseled biceps were again on full show.

"It's my mother's picture," she murmured after a while.

Here Ruhaan felt an immense need to punch someone. He perhaps would take out his desire on the punching bag in the gym. Which stupid he got himself linked with?

"I know it's your mother, Nisha," he reminded her through gritted teeth.

Suddenly her eyes bubbled with clear water and he literally groaned at the sight. "You don't like it? I am sorry, I should have asked you before putting it here. I'll keep it with my clothes."

Her big crystal brown eyes shined like a diamond with those tears and he felt like he wouldn't be able to bear the sight. Why her cry was affecting him so much? He wasn't like this.

Ruhaan scratched his forehead before shaking his head. "I didn't mean that. You can keep it anywhere you want."

He left for his wardrobe right after since he couldn't see her rosy cheeks soak with those damned tears. He didn't know why he allowed her to keep the frame there. He could have hushed her off but at the same time, he knew the reason for this very well.

"Really?" Her wistful voice reached his ears. He glanced back at her. She was hugging the picture closer to her heart and looking at her with wide grateful eyes. She was looking damn adorable like this and he couldn't take his eyes off her.

He just nodded his head. "Of course."

Ruhaan opened the closet to take his shir but something caught his attention. It was a big blue box. He remembered he brought it for her as a wedding gift to get himself freed from any questions from his grandmother. Sighing, he held it and walked towards her.

"Listen," he called.

She who had just placed the picture frame turned around. Her brows gritted in confusion seeing the box in his hand.

"That's for you. Your wedding present," he mumbled and pushed the thing in her hand.

"Thank you," she mumbled.

Not giving her any glance, he went back to the wardrobe.

Nisha's heart fluttered with a new rhythm. She just felt an intense surge of love for him, smiling faintly. How much he cared for her. And she was always crazy about his soft-spoken and gentle manner. She suddenly remembered their phone calls and it made a blush appear on her cheeks.

"Where are you going?" She asked when she saw him going out.

Ruhaan raised a brow at her. "I am leaving for my gym. If you want to sleep again, then do so."

"No, I will go downstairs. I want to greet Dadi Jaan," she told him.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Sure." After that, he left the room.

She opened the box and her eyes widened in a surprise finding a diamond necklace inside. It was made up of pure white gold having a beautiful rose-shaped pendant in the middle.