Chapter 10

I, in my sane mind, announce that my Bungalow of 500 Acres, business, and 2 commercial shops in Defence Karachi should be given to my son Ruhaan Sufiyan Ahmad. 2 commercial shops and a plaza in North Karachi should be given to my daughter, Rahmeen Sufiyan. Cash of 10 lacs should be given to Nisha Sikan--."

"Wait a second. What did you say?" Ruhaan interrupted him and almost jumped out of his seat.

Ijaz Ali stopped and looked at him strangely like he was an unknown creature.

"It's a will, Ruhaan. Your father's last wish!" Ijaz Ahmad replied calmly.

"I am not talking about this. What did you say in the end? Why a stranger is getting my Daddy's money?" He almost burst out in anger which even startled Ijaz too.

"She is not a stranger. She is your father's deceased brother's daughter," he clarified.

"Look!" He raised his palm in front of his eyes. "It's a mistake. How come Daddy would give this huge amount of money to someone's daughter he had cut off every contact years ago?"

"Ruhaan, I don't know any personal information about your father. I just know that it was exactly his words which he told me to write before his death as his last words, you believe it or not," Ijaz Ahmad said while shrugging his shoulders.

"That's not true. Daddy can never do this. How could he snatch mine and Rahmeen's right? And as far as I know, Daddy hated that brother of his. He resented him. The person who ditched him, how could he do something in his favor? Someone might be pressurizing him. Maybe it's that brother of his. It can be, right? Uncle, you should look into his matter," Ruhaan stood up from his chair and yelled.

Ijaz sighed as he ran his hand into his beard. He felt like some idiot was sitting in front of him.

"I am telling you for the last time, Ruhaan. He came to me in his sane mind and asked me to write his will. I did it and it is in front of you. Even if he was pressurized by someone, you can't do anything about it because you don't have proof. Yes, if you can, then come with proofs, and then I will reconsider this. Right now, I am going to tell you that tomorrow, I will call Nisha Sikandar and tell her about her uncle's---"

"No!" Ruhaan sneered. "You are not going to do that. Let me look into this matter at least. I am pretty sure someone made him write a will like this and I will not spare him," he curled his fingers in a fist in anger.

"Good luck with this. I am giving you just two days. If you are not going to find any evidence, then I will do what law taught me," Ijaz Ali folded his arms around his chest and told him in a gentle manner like this meant nothing to him.

__________________

It was a few days before he had a flight for Australia, and he saw his Daddy coming home late in the night. Everyone slept but he was awake waiting for him. After all, he wanted to spend some time with him before going far away. He wanted to treasure and cherish every moment he would get along with him. He rushed out of his room in excitement when he heard his father's car's horn but all his fervor meltdown seeing his Daddy in an injured state. He had a bandage on his head and plaster around his right arm and also limping.

Sufiyan smiled looking at his son and lovingly patted his head.

"Daddy, what happened to you?" He asked in anxiety, touching his cold hand.

"Nothing, my love. Why didn't you sleep yet? It's so late," Sufiyan questioned him back.

"Daddy, who did it to you? Did you get into an accident? Tell me, Daddy...You...you must be in pain," he started crying badly. He was such an eight years old child at that time. Seeing his beloved father in so many injuries, broke his fragile heart.