Chapter 27

Marriage had always been such an important part of a girl's life so she considered it for her as well. But in reality, it was too twisted and an awful experience for her. Her emotions were haphazard. She was going to be married to the one she loved but at the expense of her mother's anger and hatred. These past four days how much she tried to appease Tabinda, asked for forgiveness and even cried as well but nothing worked. She had maintained a lock of silence on her lips. She wasn't even looking at her daughter whom she claimed as her whole life.

But it wasn't true. Her husband was her life as well.

"Masha Allah, you are looking so pretty," the makeup artist complimented her while looking at her reflection in the mirror in awe. She was wearing a baby blue knee-length frock with lehnga with silver embroidery.

A fat tear dropped from her eye at this. How horrible this situation was. Wished she would have a bit of control over her heart. Wish she would have the same level of self-control as Ruhaan had. He was indeed great. Whereas she was a mess of emotions.

"Dadi Jaan, why did you force him to marry? I am just a friend to him and nothing else. Don't ruin his life." As soon as Rutba Begum told her about her sudden nikkah with Ruhaan, she protested.

Rutba Begum smiled and lovingly pat her wet cheek. "What if I say his life is linked to you? And I am making his life instead of ruining it?

"Huh?"

"Ruhaan likes you. He is marrying you of his free will. I never forced him," Rutba Begum explained.

"What? It's not possible. He said I am just his friend and nothing else." Her shock reached the sky height at this information.

"Tell me, why would he talk to you and meet you like this? Why would he appease you when you got angry? He only said it because he got to know you are going to get married to someone else. Let me tell you one thing, he was going to propose to you the day he helped you on that rainy day."

It was like many kilograms of weight had dawned on her chest. That was the reason Ruhaan suddenly became so serious in the car that day when she told him about her fiance and even said she saved him from embarrassment by telling him this.

.Oh--why are you crying? You will ruin your makeup, beautiful bride," the makeup artist's explanation brought her out of her thoughts.

The girl quickly put the base pad on her cheek where the tear fell and applied base on it to even her makeup.

"Don't cry now, okay?" The artist ordered her and went back to setting the bridal dupatta on her head.

Her eyes again filled with tears when she saw the reflection of her nikkah dupatta in the mirror.

Ruhaan Ki Dulhan.

[A/N: Ruhaan's bride]

The words were sewed up by the silver thread on the border of the dupatta and now they were showing on her veil.

That was her dream but not something she wanted in real life. Now the dream was becoming true but when she was getting the right to be Ruhaan's bride, she was losing the right to be her mother's daughter. Nisha took a deep breath to absorb her tears back since she knew the makeup artist would complain again if she saw them.

"Listen," she turned towards the girl. "Call my Dadi Jaan here."

The girl nodded and quickly went out. A few minutes later Rutba Begum entered. She smiled when she noticed her in bridal attire.