Chapter 18

"I was about to go, Dadi but---"

Even though she couldn't see his face, she could see familiarity in his voice. Like she had heard him before- the same calm and husky voice which once drove her over the edge.

She still couldn't forget that voice. How reposed and melodious it was!

Dadi! It caused her heart to miss a beat. So he was her Baba's brother's son. The same man whom her mother hated and who took her father's life brutally.

"Nisha, he is Ruhaan. Your Sufiyan Taya's son," Rutba Begum thought to ease her difficulty as she saw confusion in her eyes at the sight of her only grandson.

(A/N Taya: Father's elder brother)

She now stood up from where she was crouching and turned around to finally look at him. Just one gaze and she knew right away who he was. What a coincidence! That ice cream guy was actually her uncle's son. He was also staring at her and when their eyes met, she looked away quickly. What if he remember that she was that clumsy girl he met in the ice cream parlor?

"Promise me, Nisha, except your Dadi Amma, you won't meet anyone from your father's side. "

Suddenly her mother's advice rang in her ears and her decision of going with Rutba Begum to the hospital strumbled altogether. She couldn't do it. She had promised her mother and she couldn't think about breaking it so she declined her. But seeing Rutba Begun asserting so much to take her to the hospital, she finally agreed.

Unaiza was still sleeping as there was still an hour left in the decided time when Haider would come to pick them up. She wrote a note for Unaiza that her Dadi Amma had come and insisted on taking her to the hospital as well so she was going with her and should Haider come, Unaiza should go with him to her home and placed it under Unaiza's hand. In it, she skillfully forsook Ruhaan's name. Also putting a spare key beside her, she hurried her way out.

As she came back to the patio after wrapping herself in a big shawl, she saw Ruhaan sitting on the couch on which her mother used to do her sewing. But her grandmother was nowhere to be seen. She swallowed hard at this. Where did she go? Ruhaan perhaps felt the heat of her gaze on her as he turned his head to the right and got up on his feet.

"I didn't know about your mother. Is she now doing well?" He questioned, maintaining a straight face.

"Yes...yes she is," she stuttered and started fidgeting with her fingers. Ruhaan was carefully examining her movements. Why was she so scared and appalled? There was no need to stammer like this. So did he really get easy prey? Or was it due to her being in stress due to her mother? Meanwhile, Rutba Begum entered back.

Ruhaan opened the door of the back seat for her after he was done with getting his grandmother inside the car. "Please." His plump lips under charming mustaches spread into a smile while gesturing his palm.

Nisha looked at him with wide eyes. Why was he opening the door of his car for her? It wouldn't be wrong to say that the smile which was shimmering on his lips mesmerized her. He was like a sculpture; whose every feature was carved perfectly. Nothing less nothing more. And she couldn't negate the fact that she never saw someone this handsome in her whole life.

Ruhaan smile faded seeing beads of sweat on her forehead.

"Are you okay?" He asked, seeing her lost.

"Huh? Yes...yes, I am. Thank you," she quickly mumbled and got inside. Ruhaan's brow shot up in understanding once again at her hesitation. Wetting his lower lip with his tongue, he hindered a smirk and walked over to his side of the car and sat inside. He wore his sunglasses and put them on the road towards the way to the hospital.