Chapter 35

Nisha didn't realize she voiced her prayer loud. She didn't remember Unaiza was there in her room. The truth was she didn't care about anything. Unaiza looked at her with a dropped jaw. Nisha regarded her with her tearful, red eyes before standing up and folding the prayer mat.

"You...you meant Ruhaan Bhai?" Unaiza whispered. The answer was vague but they both understood it.

Nisha sobbed hard before hugging Unaiza.

"Iza, he...he broke me. He was faking it all. He ruined me, Iza...he ruined me..."

Unaiza darted her gaze at Nisha after she told her everything from Ruhaan's arrival in her life with a motive, him making her fall for her, and then about last night when she overheard him and Rutba Begum.

"How could he do something like this?" Unaiza snarled.

Nisha's lip twitched as her stare settled on the broken lock of the door of her room. A perfect depiction of her own life. "I was just a pawn for him which he used to win his game of chess."

"What kind of revenge? Everything was done by his father so for what he sought revenge from you?" Unaiza slammed her fists on the bed.

"To take what was his back. His share of the property which his father gave me," Nisha sneered.

"That's what my question is. His father himself gave you that share then why did he take revenge from you for this?"

Nisha chuckled sarcastically ."Because it was his." She stood up. "I am going to see Ammi. Why don't you say your prayer?"

"Api, are you okay?" Unaiza asked.

Nisha smiled. "Pray for me, Iza."

Unaiza's lips twitched. She comprehended what she was referring to. She overheard her dua. She wanted to appear stronger now and Unaiza prayed in her heart for this.

"Khala Ammi--she is still angry at you. What...what will you do now?" Unaiza spoke.

Nisha snickered. "She won't anymore. When she will get to know her daughter got stabbed by the same knife as her husband, she will again hug me. I know it." A tear fell from her eye.

"Nisha Api.." Unaiza's heart clenched at this sight. She suddenly felt disgusted with the guy who got a chance to cherish Nisha but was so unlucky to not avail of it.

"No, I am fine. I promise myself I won't cry anymore." She harshly rubbed her cheek. "He wants to see me weak. You know whenever I used to cry, he took my advantage. But not anymore."

Nisha licked her lips and gave her a heartbroken smile. "The time will leave. You should say your prayer."

               _____________________

She went straight to the kitchen afterward to prepare breakfast for everyone. Setting Unaiza and Aqia's Aunt's breakfast on the table, she made a tray for her mother and walked toward her room.

She halted at the threshold for a while. She didn't know how to go inside. The door was closed but she could hear faint voices of her Aunt and mother. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door with her knuckles and pushed it without waiting for permission.

The women's eyes lifted towards her. One had shock and contempt in them while the other had surprise and fear. Her mother was half laying on the bed while Aqia was standing beside her. Nisha forced a smile.

"What are you doing here?" Her mother spewed in anger.

"AssalamoAlaikum." She gazed at both of them one by one.

Aqia's lips formed a thin line and she clenched her jaw before walking out of the room.

"Why do you come here?" Tabinda again asked.