Chapter 50

The check-up went well giving them the good news that both the twins were doing well. The way Ruhaan's face lit up seeing the ultrasound made Nisha have a strong urge to catch his reaction in the gallery of her heart. This was one of the few times she wanted herself to forget everything and let Ruhaan back into her life. She had lived a dysfunctional and orphan life since she was a kid and she didn't want her children to have such a life in the presence of their father.

The other reason was of course the sincerity reflecting through Ruhaan's eyes. She never found this emotion on his face before. And this made her convince herself that he wasn't wrong when he said that he had fallen in love with her. But still, she didn't want to appear weak to him anymore. There was still a stubborn self in her who didn't want to forgive this man so easily who had used her pure love, feelings, and innocent heart.

"Did you do any baby shopping yet?" He asked her after they were settled in the car.

Nisha looked at him stunned. Thinking about his question, the answer was blatant no. Her mother was not at all happy with her producing heirs for the man she hated the most. Nisha kinda sensed it even though her mother never said anything negative to her mouth. She was just taking care of her in this state as her daughter and nothing else.

She shook her head. "Didn't get any time."

Ruhaan regarded her vaguely at first but brought a small smile on his lips after that. "How about we do it today?"

"We?" Nisha mumbled, in oblivion.

He nodded. "Yes, we. Me and you."

"Okay." She didn't know why she agreed but maybe because she wanted to spend time with him as the time of their separation was coming. After all, whatever happened between them, he was still her first and last love. The guy who had snatched away her heart. She had that small wish to forget everything for the time being and relish the last few moments they were getting now by chance.

Also, he was her children's father and since her mother didn't seem to be showing interest, she had to do that shopping with someone and Ruhaan seemed the best option for this.

"But, I don't have any experience of shopping for a newborn," Nisha pointed out, fidgeting with her fingers.

Ruhaan chuckled. "Even I don't have it, Nisha but we can try. What do you think?"

She kept on looking at him without blinking. It was after ages she saw him smiling like that. And like before, her heart felt like skipping a beat seeing him like that.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Yes, you are right. We learn from experience. Sometimes good ones and sometimes horrible ones."

Nisha didn't mean to mock or taunt him here but Ruhaan knew she was talking about her experience of love and marriage with him. And of course, it was a bad one for her.

"This time I won't let any of your experience be horrible ever, I promise," he mumbled, giving her full attention.

Nisha turned her face away and started looking out of the car. There she was looking for separation and here Ruhaan was making promises of a lifetime.

A tear fell from her eye which quickly got absorbed in her dupatta. How she wished it was this easy as he was saying and he wouldn't have done anything like that. She would have been living a calm life perhaps. Yes, without love and Ruhaan Sufiyan Ahmad but at least she wouldn't have been suffering like this.

Wanting him and hating herself for wanting him at the same time.

Or else, she wished that all her memory would get erased and only Ruhaan and his love would remain intact. This would be so simple to allow him back into her life. But not now! She couldn't forget what he did with her. Humiliating and using her genuine love like this.