Chapter 28

Her lips were quivering when the nikkahkhwan was asking her whether she accepted Ruhaan Sufiyan Ahmad as her husband or not. It was so unexpected and on top of that, coming with her mother's rage. Where she was going to be Haider's fiance in a month, now she was about to become Ruhaan's wife in just a few seconds.

[Nikkahkhwan: A person who solemnizes the nikkah]

Nisha's eyes went towards her mother who had her eyes slanted down, staring at a deep nook on the floor. She still wasn't looking at her. A tear fell from her forest green eyes at this.

Ruhaan regarded her anxiously through the net cover placed between them as a purdah before nikkah. Why wasn't she saying yes?

Rutba Begum squeezed Nisha's shoulders. "Say yes, child."

"Qu---Qubool Hai.

Qubool Hai.

Qubool Hai."

Ruhaan let out a breath finally which he was halting in his lung for quite a while. But there was still a big hurdle yet to overcome. That ownership papers. He had asked his man to keep them under the nikkah papers and even asked the nikkahkhwan to not ask anything about them. It just needed Nisha's signature and then that property would be his. For forever.

Her shivering hands signed the nikkah papers and when it was the time for ownership paper, he gestured to Rahmeen standing behind it. She quickly nodded and went towards Rutba Begum and diverted her attention from the papers her granddaughter was signing. Tabinda wasn't an obstacle here since she was hardly paying any attention to anything.  Nisha finally signed the ownership papers and Ruhaan closed his eyes in satisfaction.

What he wanted finally happened. He got what was his back.

The nikkahkhwan came to him and started with his side of the questions promptly.

                 ____________________

Ruhaan stood up when he saw the girls bringing Nisha toward the stage. Now her face was exposed and if he were, to be honest, he wouldn't deny the fact that she was looking gorgeous in that bridal dress. He walked a bit and held out his hand for her. She gazed at his outstretched hand for a while blankly before Rutba Begum grabbed her hand and placed it in Ruhaan's palm. He guided her towards the stage and they both sat down.

The photographers started making their photos. Ruhaan looked at his left side and regarded his bride who was looking down at her lap.

"You are looking very pretty," he whispered.

Nisha looked up at him with tear-filled pink eyes. And she hated to admit but her heart skipped a beat once again at his husky voice. Ruhaan got stunned at this sight. He complimented her just for the sake of it earlier but now he thought he didn't lie. He never thought someone could look this beautiful while crying but this girl did. And he didn't know how.

His grandmother told him that her fiance broke the commitment with her when he caught her coming out of Ruhaan's car and also when she openly confessed that she loved Ruhaan not him. Her mother was angry with her for the same reason. Of course, Rutba Begum leaped at the phone calls from the justifications of this wedding but he knew what was the actual reason. This girl could have never taken his name from her mouth in front of her mother.  And likewise, he didn't need to question anything as well because he didn't even care. He got what he wanted and now he was finally at ease.

Her swollen eyes ascertained the fact that she had been crying since that incident and suddenly he felt bad for her. But this feeling was just momentarily. He soon got rid of it when his real motive occupied his thoughts.