Chapter 11

Ruhaan tapped his fingernail on the glassy table when the wait got too prolonged. The worker had told him to wait in the room as Ijaz Ali was offering Duhr prayer.

"Oh, so Ruhaan beta is here. I am so sorry for making you wait," Ijaz Ali came inside, looking all fresh and happy after saying his namaz.

"Uncle, I want to talk to you about something really important," Ruhaan said as he stood up. He didn't even bother to greet him as he was mentally too occupied by everything.

Ijaz Ali smiled and gestured for him to sit back as he occupied his seat.

"Yes, my son. I am listening," he asked him to go ahead as he pulled his palm in front of him.

"The woman whom my father had given the share in his will, he used to hate her father. That man; his brother ditched him in the business and left him all alone. In his life, I and my sister always saw him resenting that person. He never talked about him ever. Then you tell me, how in the world he would give something to that man's daughter? He got pressurized, believe me," Ruhaan explained.

Ijaz Ali took a deep sigh and placed his both hands on the table and joined them. "I am not saying you are lying or I am not going to believe you. You might be correct. But the thing is what's written in a will is being written. I, the law, the court can't do anything. I didn't witness anyone in whose presence your father told me his will word by word. So I can't do anything."

"You can do one thing at least uncle. Change the will and --"

"Ruhaan! I can't do something like this. It's against the law," Ijaz Ali quickly reprimanded him.

"Why can't you? Wasn't Daddy your friend? Can you not do this little for him? He got brainwashed and who knows? That woman made him do this at gunpoint? In this case, shouldn't you as a lawyer help a poor man?" He tried to object.

"Ruhaan, I know the law. Don't teach me. And my answer is the same. I can't do anything!" He stood up from his seat. "Since you failed to bring valid proofs so I am going to call Miss Nisha Sikandar and tell her about the will of her uncle. You may leave. I have to do my recitation. "

"Uncle---" he stopped when he saw Ijaz Ali take out Quran Majeed from a drawer and started reciting it. It was a clear indication that he should go now. He curled his fingers in a fist and clenched his jaw in anger before leaving the room.

____________________

Tabinda was packing the recently stitched fancy clothes of someone's order in a shopper when the telephone rang. It was noon and she was alone in the house. She placed the bags aside and walked towards the lounge where the phone was placed.

"Yes, who is it?" She asked as she picked up the call.

"Is this Miss Nisha Sikandar?" The person on the other side inquired. It was a male voice.

Tabinda's brow raised on this. "I am her mother. Who are you?"

"Can you please let her talk to me?" The man said.

"She is not at home but why aren't you telling me who are you? And why do you need to talk to my daughter?" Tabinda now got a bit furious.

"I am barrister Ijaz Ali. I have a piece of really important information to tell Miss Nisha Sikandar. I will call once again when she is there."

"Barrister?" Tabinda felt like her heart missed a beat at this word. How come a lawyer was asking about her flower-like delicate daughter?

He cut the call but Tabinda still had the earpiece on her ear. What was that? A lawyer? Wanted to tell a piece of important information? Even knew Nisha's full name? What trouble was waiting for them now? She placed her hand on her chest. What if Sufiyan had done this? But he had died already. She needed to protect her daughter at all costs.