Chapter 38

Ruhaan stopped the car in front of her house. It was already evening and the sun was about to set, giving the sky an orange hue. He took a deep breath to calm himself and came out. He pushed the bell. How he wished she would open the gate. To see her face and tell her everything which he did in ignorance and apologize. He wanted to let her know that he too had fallen in love with her.

After a while, the gate unlocked and Nisha's mother appeared.

Her confused expression turned into a scowl. "You? What are you doing here?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"Where is Nisha?" He asked, looking behind her inside the house.

"Don't take my daughter's name from your tongue. And get lost!" She glared at him but had to keep her voice low since the neighbors could hear them.

"She is my wife... She is inside, right?" He inquired.

"Wife? She isn't your wife. You tricked her. She doesn't even want to see your face. She wants a divorce from you," Tabinda muttered and shoved his arm.

Ruhaan sighed. "I was not aware of anything which happened between our fathers. And I am remorseful for what I did and even what my father did. I want to talk to her. Tell her to come out," he said, truthfully. His eyes still going around to find her.

If he wanted, he would have barge inside but he didn't want to make things more difficult. He was here for forgiveness and reconciliation and actions like this would make everything worse.

"She doesn't need any explanation from you. You are as deceitful and a liar as your father. Leave my daughter alone. What do you want from her now? You got what you wanted, now what else do you need? Don't hurt her further with your lies. She needs nothing but divorce from you," Tabinda retorted in disgust.

Ruhaan clenched his jaw in anger. He knew his Nisha could never do that. She loved him so much. He had seen immense love in her eyes for him. He had noticed the way she used to sound like she would die whenever he said he would not talk to her or meet her anymore. How could the same girl ask for a divorce from him? Surely her mother had injected her hatred into Nisha as well and this woman would be behind this wish of her.

"Let me hear this from her then. Don't forget she is my wife," he warned. He looked behind her and still found the house empty. "Nisha! Nisha!"

"She is not at home. And now go away." Tabinda pushed his chest.

Ruhaan raised his brow. "Where is she?"

"I am not obligated to answer you. Get lost or else I will call the police," Tabinda this time yelled.

Ruhaan frowned at her, controlling himself from lashing out. A part of him laughed at her police warning which could do anything against him but she was a victim too.

Yet one can't deny she always thought that a person could never change. She did the same with his Daddy when he was genuine with his apology and now as well.

"It was all a misunderstanding, Aunt. And I will meet my wife to clear myself whether you like it or not," he mumbled sternly and then left for his car, leaving Tabinda simmering in anger.

              ________________________

"So are you planning to take divorce from him?" Zoya asked her, giving her a momentary glance while driving.

They were returning after everything went well with Zoya's Aunt's meeting and she agreed on having Nisha as her daughter's tutor. Nisha had told Zoya everything once she discussed her wish for a job with her.

"I am. I don't want to stay his wife anymore," she replied.

"And what if he wouldn't give divorce?" Zoya reasoned.