Chapter 34

Her whole body was shaking. The hot tea sprinkled on her feet but she couldn't feel any sting since the sting she felt on her heart was more profound than this. She looked at the person who spewed that poison from his mouth. The guy she was in love with. The person she had given her heart, mind, soul, and body; practically everything. She was happier to become Nisha Ruhaan than Nisha Sikandar.

Tears fell from her eyes like floods. This big deception, she couldn't even imagine in even her dreams. She became the victim of revenge she had no part in except she was her father's daughter. That was enough for Ruhaan to trick her and make a fool out of her.

She found herself so stupid for once thinking she got this charming man all for herself.

Her breath was coming in labor, in soft gasps seeing which Rutba Begum rushed towards her direction. But her eyes were fixed on him. They weren't accepting to part away from him. That heartless, cruel, arrogant, and vengeful man who still ruled her whole being.

"Nisha, you--are you...you okay?" Rutba Begum didn't even know what to say or how to say it.

Even then her gaze didn't tear away from him. From his ocean-blue eyes which always fascinated her. Her tears were as stubborn as her gaze and they were wetting her rosy cheeks.

Rutba Begum gasped when she noticed her swollen, red feet peeking through her delicate slippers. "Nisha, your feet have burnt. Let....let me apply ointment on it." Rutba Begum tried to hold her arms but she moved back.

"No," she whispered.

She took her aching and sluggish steps in his direction. He became startled when she stood in front of him. He didn't say anything for all this while.

"If...if you wanted your money, you...you should have told me. I...I never use them. My mother never allowed me to even claim them..." She stopped to correct her speedy breathing. "I would have given it happily to you since Ruhaan Sufiyan Ahmad has asked a favor from someone like me. You were the sky and I was the earth. I would have been on cloud nine but...but Ruhaan, you shouldn't have done this to me. You made fun of my love for you. You were the only person I trusted the most after my mother and you brutally broke it...you...you shouldn't have done this...." She stopped when the bulk of tears in her throat didn't allow her to say more.

She gave Ruhaan a last look while wiping her cheeks with the back of her hand. She sobbed hard and ran away, her direction towards their-- Ruhaan's bedroom.

Even Rutba Begum didn't try to stop her now. She knew it wouldn't bring anything. What damage was to be done had occurred. Nothing could change it, not even she. And from which face she could go in front of her innocent granddaughter? photoshoots a  complaining look at her grandson before moving toward the drawer of her bed's side table. After a bit of rummaging, she came out with a white folded paper.

She grabbed Ruhaan's hand and placed the paper on his palm. "Read it and then wonder what have you done!"

Rutba Begum vacated the room afterward, leaving him alone.

                _____________________

After zipping her suitcase, she looked around the room. Two days but three months of lie, deception, and fib. An illusion of love that was never there in the first place.

Deception. Deception. Deception.

Nothing else but deception.

How much of a fool she was. To only see the fragrant flowers but not the thorns attached to them. Her moving gaze d on Ruhaan's big-picture portrait on the wall. Handsome, charming, soft, and gentle Ruhaan. A tear dropped on her cheek. She swallowed and hardly wiped her eyes when it blurred her vision.