"why would you keep that from me?" - s.h

you had enough. you were sick of the lying. you were sick of being kept in the dark. you were just all around sick and tired of Steve keeping things from you he was blatantly ignoring you for no reason. it was a Friday afternoon when you angrily walked into 'Scoops Ahoy' seeing Steve 'flirting' with two girls at the counter. Robin was lazily leaning against the back counter and as soon as she saw you, she leant up, a confused look on her face. you walked around the counter, causing Steve to stop his conversation and look at you. "y/n? what's the matt-" he started before you forcefully slapped him. "oh shit" Robin said, as she laughed. the two girls gasped after you slapped him, Steve had his right hand on his cheek so you took the left hand and pulled him out to the back of the shop.

you walked into the back room then turn to him. he was still holding his cheek and was confused as to why you just slapped him. "what was that for?" he said, looking at your face. it was filled with hurt, confusion and anger. your eyes were filled with tears you were hoping wouldn't spill out of your eyes. "what are you keeping from me Steve? why have you been avoiding me?" you said, your voice sounded sad. Steve's face turned from confused to understanding. he finally got why you slapped him. "i can't tell you y/n but please don't think it's bad" he said, trying to grab your hands. "why won't you tell me. relationships are meant for communicating not one person keeping something from the other." you said, the sad look still on your face.

"y/n please understand i'm not doing this to hurt you" he said, still not giving out information. "why do you keep cancelling plans? why do you keep avoiding me? are you avoiding everyone else or is it just me? you left me standing outside the cinema for three hours, people walked past and gave me sad looks, do you know how embarrassing that is?" you said, replying to his 'not trying to hurt you' statement. he looked down, a guilty look placed on his face, he looked into your eyes before continuing. "look, i can't say anything but i'm sorry for standing you up at the cinema but Nancy-" he said before you cut him off. "wait Nancy is involved and i'm not? i'm just gonna go out and say it. are you cheating on me with Nancy?" you said, a single tear fell down your flushed cheeks, you were praying that your mascara hadn't smudged.

his head turned to look away from you. that's when more tears fell. you brushed past him and barged his shoulder. you walked out the shop, ignoring both Robin and Steve's protests for you to stop. the tears kept falling down your face as you walked to your car. you got in and saw your friend Lauren sat in the passenger seat. you had asked her for advice on what to do and she decided it would be best to come with you for support. once she saw your face, she instantly hugged you, comforting you. "oh y/n what happened?" she said, kissing your hair. "he is cheating on me with Nancy" you said, sobbing more into her shoulder. "oh god what an asshole. you don't deserve him y/n. you deserve so much more than that" she said, pulling your face to look at her. her hands were on your cheeks and she wiped the tears.

you calmed down after about five minutes and decided to drive Lauren home. once you got to her house she turned to you. "are you sure you don't want me to come back to yours?" she said, sympathy laced in her throat. "yeah i'll be okay. if i'm being honest i just want to sleep. i'll call you later so if you get a phone call it's me" you said, giving her a hug. she gave you a small smile before getting out the car. you watched her walk into her house before driving back to yours. as soon as your car pulled into the driveway you ran into the house and locked the door. you didn't want anyone to come in, especially Robin or Steve. you saw the clock on your wall and saw it was 5:30pm. you walked into the kitchen and saw your mum making dinner. she saw your cheeks which had tear stains all down them and rushed to you.

you immediately hugged her and sobbed. you couldn't get the words out. your heart physically hurt and there was nothing you could do about it. you had expressed your thoughts about being a rebound to Nancy when you guys first got together. he had broken up with Nancy four months before he asked you to be his girlfriend. you knew he loved her before you which hurt a lot. but each time you would tell Steve your feelings, he would always reassure you that he didn't love Nancy as much as he loved you. sometimes he showed it but now after everything has happened, you thought it all made sense. the ignoring you, the ditching you, everybody knew and no one had told you. you were embarrassed and hurt.

you finished hugging your mum and went to your room where you got changed into your pyjamas and laid in bed. you were facing the wall, a blank expression on your face with tears flowing still. how could he do this? he never denied the cheating allegations so what else could he be doing? you closed your eyes as they hurt from the crying. how could you go out now? everyone would have definitely found out as it was the smallest town. the embarrassment crept up to you and you didn't want to see anyone. you didn't want to see Steve, Robin, or anyone if the group they hung out with.

you fell asleep soon after you had these thoughts and was woken up with a knock at your bedroom door. "go away. i don't want to see anyone" you said. the person ignored your pleas and walked in anyway. you turned around and saw Steve standing in your doorway. "no. not you. seriously fuck off Steve. i don't wanna see you" you said, turning back around to the wall. "y/n please. i just want to talk to you. please hear me out" he said, walking around your bed so he could see you instead of your back.

"go away Steve. go away. i don't wanna speak to you, i don't wanna listen to you, i don't want anything more to do with you now fuck off" you said turning around to the opposite side. he signed before sitting on your bed. you now had tears falling down your face, again. "please y/n. i really need you to listen to me" he said, putting his hand on your shoulder. you turned to him and looked into his eyes. he looked sad and guilty at the same time. "how could you do that to me Steve? i've been there for you forever and you cheat on me with the one person i spoke to you about" you said, more tears falling. "what? y/n i didn't cheat on you." he said, wiping the tears. "then why did you turn away when i asked you. you never even denied it" you said turning back away.

"you didn't let me finish. i was gonna tell you what is actually happening but i didn't know how to explain it." he said. you turned back to him, your eyes red and y/c/e. even though you were sad, he thought you never looked more beautiful. he smiled slightly before continuing. he started explaining everything that had happened in the past couple of months. he said about the demogorgons and Vecna and everything else that had happened. you were shocked. "why would you keep that from me?" you said. you were hurt that he wouldn't tell you something like that. "i was trying to protect you baby. i didn't want anything to ever happen to you and i just wanted you to be safe" he said, stroking your cheeks softly. "im sorry i cancelled every single plan we had" he carried on, kissing your forehead.

you fully turned to face him, moving your whole body. "you made me feel so shit Steve. i was feeling so left out and so unloved. i love you Steve and you kept that from me." you said, sadness laced in your voice. "i know and i'm sorry i made you feel that way. i never wanted you hurt but i still managed to do that just in a different way. i'm so sorry baby. i really am, and i'm gonna try make up for it now." he said, kissing your forehead again. you looked into his brown eyes and smiled softly. he laid down beside you and rested his forehead on yours. "i'm sorry love" he whispered softly. "please don't ever do that again" you whispered back. "i promise you i won't" he said. you kissed him. finally after weeks of him ignoring you, you finally kissed.