cuddles - s.h

you had just finished work. as you were closing up the shop you checked the time on the wall. it read '9:38'. this was probably the latest you had closed up. you usually finished at around 7pm as your boss would usually lock up, but today, she had to run some errands and asked you to do it. you worked in a crystal shop that was near 'Family Video'. you loved your job so much but it did get really tiring. who wanted to buy crystals beyond 9 o'clock?

you locked the door, double checking it by trying to pry it open, when you had no luck, you started walking to your car. it wasn't much but you loved it. you started driving home, almost falling asleep at the wheel with how tired you were, but you kept on driving until you arrived home. you lived in a two bedroom apartment with Steve. you guys had moved in two months ago and it was the best decision you'd ever made. you had both saved up enough money and felt the time was right so you did it.

you stopped at a red light which was quite close to your apartment. "oh thank god" you spoke, realising where you were. you turned the corner and saw your apartment building down the street. you sighed with relief. once you finally got to your apartment complex, you parked your car in the allocated car parking section and got out. you walked to the lift and got in once you saw the doors opened. you looked at yourself in the lift mirror. "god i look awful" you sighed. you waited for the lift to take you to the 7th floor.

you arrived on the floor and walked to the door. you unlocked it quietly, thinking Steve would be asleep. that boy could sleep at any part of the day you were honestly jealous. once you got inside, you looked at the clock again- 10:23. god, why so late? you took off your shoes and placed them on the rack by the front door and took off your bag. you instantly walked into the bedroom where you saw Steve laying there, curled up with your pillow in his arms. he looked so cute, his hair was messy and you watched a while whilst his chest rose and fell with every breath he took.

you got ready for bed, not forgetting to do your nightly routine and put on your pyjamas. you quickly shut the lights off before walking back into the bedroom and got into the double bed. you wouldn't lie, the apartment got freezing during the night so you would usually fall asleep on the sofa in Steve's arms, and he would carry you to bed. you gently took the pillow out of his arms and put it behind your head. he stirred slightly but didn't wake up. you laid down properly and tried to get to sleep. "i missed you" you heard Steve mumble softly as he gently put his arms around your waist, pulling you into him.

"i missed you too." you said, kissing his cheek. you guys laid in comfortable silence. nights like these were your favourite. when you first started dating, Steve was in a bad way. he wasn't at all like he is now and you were so proud of him for overcoming everything he had been through. you rubbed his hip gently as a sign of comfort. cuddling with him was beautiful. he would usually play with your hair to get you to sleep, he would be laying on his back and would be kissing your forehead every so often.

"can you lay on top of me instead?" you whispered, not wanting to break the comfortable silence that surrounded you. "oh wow. i didn't know it was one of those nights" he joked, his voice sounded like his morning voice, croaky. he laughed slightly when you hit him and you moved onto your back. once you had fully rolled onto you back, it was your turn to pull him into your hold. his body was fully on top of you, his chest was on top of your chest.

you started playing with his hair. it was soft and a little wet from the shower he must of had prior to you coming home. he sighed contently. "that feels so nice" he muttered making you laugh. you kept fiddling with his hair for a while, kissing his forehead gently every couple of minutes. you knew he was still awake because his breathing pattern hadn't changed but you knew he would be falling asleep soon. "i love you and i'm happy we live together now" you heard him say, before he lifted his head to look at you. your heart melted. "i love you more. it's nice to have a place of our own isn't it?" you said, still stroking the mop that was on top of his head.

he lent in a kissed your lips passionately. "yeah it is" he said, laying his head into your neck. you laid your head on top of his, and kept playing with his hair. after more silence, his breathing pattern changed. you knew he was asleep. you slightly turned to give him a few small kisses "my precious boy" you whispered before trying to get to sleep yourself. nights like these were your favourite.