'twice in one day?' - j.k

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! this is another dad!Joe imagine, i love writing these. also i didn't know how to end it so it's got a bad ending, sorryyyy

you walked through the streets of LA, Poppy in the middle of you and Joe, holding her hands tightly as the swarm of fans and paparazzi started forming. you'd only wanted to go out to get some lunch and do a bit of shopping for Poppy but of course it would be ruined by the fans and weirdos who followed you with a camera.

you'd put your free hand on your bump, trying to shield it from the masses of people pushing and shoving you to get a photo with and of Joe. after a few minutes, and the crowds getting bigger, Joe picked up Poppy and grabbed your hand tightly. "i didn't know they knew we were here" he said into your ear as you tried to walk away from everyone.

Poppy started getting scared, the screaming of Joe's name, the flashing lights, the shoving, it was all getting too much for the poor 3 year old. the crowd got bigger and Joe started getting more and more agitated. "daddy i'm scared" he heard Poppy say into his ear as he walked, pulling you closer to him. "it's okay love, we'll be inside in a minute.

you guys were walking to the mall from the diner you had just been at and you would have never left the house if you knew this was going to happen. "Joe there is too many people, maybe we should go home" you said to him, hearing the many fans girls calling his name.

the paparazzi had been trying to get a shot of you for weeks, he knew the photos they'd get would be in the magazines, selling some stupid story about him and you which wasn't true and he hated the fact that everyone was pushing you to get to him. he was furious.

"wanna go home" he heard Poppy say before she started crying, scared of everything around her. he tried his best to calm her down amongst the screams and lights but he lost it when he heard you yelp. the paparazzi had pushed someone into you and hit your bump, making you fall slightly onto him. "enough!" he shouted, finally talking to everyone that was surrounding him. "you okay love?" he said, looking at you to see if you were severely hurt. you nodded your head and he spoke up again.

"stop screaming and shoving. it's all too much. you've just barge into my wife who's carrying a baby, and, you're scaring my daughter with the shouting and those lights on those cameras are to fucking bright. she's three years old and you guys are terrifying her. we can barely walk because of how many people there are. can't you guys see that we are people just like you guys? leave us alone" he shouted, grabbing your hand and pulling your through the crowd of people who just stopped and listened.

the fans backed away but the paparazzi didn't stop, shouting questions at him like 'are you okay Joe?' 'is the new baby stressing you out?' 'are we really scaring Poppy or is she scared of you shouting?'. he was even more pissed off when they brought you two into the questions. you and Poppy were so innocent and Poppy was terrified by the relentless shouting by different people she didn't know.

you grabbed Joe's arm tightly as you walked, seeing the mall coming up. Poppy was still crying on Joe's shoulder. hands clutching his shirt as he walked, holding her securely with one arm, the other was rubbing her back soothingly, trying to calm her down.

you reached the mall and walked in, the paparazzi staying outside like they were supposed to. you took a deep breath and walked to a bench which was in the mall, sitting down to breathe. being 7 months pregnant and doing all this walking took a toll on you. Joe stood in front of you as he rocked Poppy down in his arms, telling her it was okay and that they were safe now.

your heart broke as you heard the sobs of your little girl. she'd never been swarmed like that before and she was absolutely terrified. "it's okay baby, they're gone now." Joe said, kissing her forehead, then resting his head on top of hers. "you alright love?" he asked you, watching you sat down on the bench, hand on your stomach. you nodded and put your arms out to take Poppy onto your lap, giving Joe a break.