breech position - j.k

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR- (something goes wrong) i've already done an imagine where something goes wrong and with this it's just another complication and instead of having a natural birth y/n has an emergency C-section because the baby is in a breech position <3

you were laying on the hospital bed, head turned to the side as contractions came every minute. you were breathing on the gas and air mouthpiece, the contraction pain only going for a few seconds before it came back. Joe was next to you, stroking your hair which was covered in sweat, he was worried. he knew contractions were bad but seeing you in pain hurt him. "you're doing so well my love. just think, we'll be leaving here with our little baby" he said, trying to make you feel better. you didn't mean to snap at him, but with the contractions and the constant beeping of the machine next to you, it was all doing your head in.

"Joe please shut up. you have no idea what i'm going through right now" you snapped, he was taken aback but nevertheless stayed quiet. he knew you hadn't meant it. "i know baby, i'm sorry" he said kissing your forehead. the beeping of the baby monitor slowed down, Joe looked at it and saw the babies heart rate was dropping rapidly. he pressed the emergency button like he was told to if this happened. your midwife, Clarissa, walked through the door, an hour earlier you were at 9cm and she had come to check to see it it was time to push. "y/n, you are now at 10cm, ready to push. i need to check your stomach though, your babies heart rate is dropping which can be normal but your baby may be stressed" she said, putting a hand on your stomach.

"okay, i need to get you into an emergency C-section. your baby is in the breech position which can be changed but it can be a higher risk of injury and it's a risk to push her out so i'll call for the c-section" she explained. your babies heart rate was dropping, you had never been more scared to hear those words. you turned to Joe who had a shocked expression on his face. he turned from the doctor to you, seeing your scared expression, he tried to calm you down. "Joe, i didn't want a c-section. and now the babies heart rate is dropping it's just all going wrong" you spoke, tears filling your eyes. your hormones were all over the place and hearing this news made you even more stressed than you already were.

"i know it's not what you wanted but at the end of it, you'll both be safe." he said, leaning down to kiss your forehead. the midwife and doctor both came in and wheeled you to the operation room. "i'm sorry sir but because this is an emergency you cannot come in. she'll be in safe hands but you can go wait in the waiting room" Clarissa said to Joe as you got to the operating room. "what? you've just told me that my babies heart rate is dropping and my wife is going to have to be in there alone?" he said, agitated. Clarissa nodded her head, "i know it's stressful but i cannot let you in that room" she said, walking into the operating room.

Joe was stood there, shocked. he walked to the waiting room, anxiety filled him. he sat down, placing his head in his hands as he waited. he didn't know what was going to happen whilst you were in there and he was sad for you. he was sad because you had planned to have a natural birth and go home the day after but now your plan was ruined. he waited and waited for you to come out of surgery and he was messaging the family what has happened. he was getting impatient, every bad thought he could possibly think of was running through his mind. he waited for about an hour before the midwife came into the waiting room, calling Joe's name.

he immediately stood up and walked over to her. "everything went amazingly, they are both healthy and the baby is a girl. y/n will be in the room she was in previously. they baby is in there as well" the midwife said. Joe was relieved. "can i see y/n? i need to make sure myself she's fine" he said, the midwife nodded and took Joe back to the room you were in. you were laying down in the bed on your side, the baby was on the bed next to you, wide eyes, looking up at you. you turned your head to the door when you saw Joe standing there. the midwife left you both alone and Joe walked to you both, a massive smile on his face.

"oh my god. she's actually here" he whispered, walking round to the side where you and the baby were. you smiled and nodded your head. "isn't it crazy" you whispered, the little baby between you two looked around the room, her hand clenched around your finger. "how you feeling baby?" he said, kissing you on the forehead as he sat on the bed. "i'm okay. my stomach hurts from the stitches but it's all worth it now." you said, your eyes never leaving the baby in front of you. Joe was gobsmacked. he didn't know what to do. he is a dad now, everything around him was changing. "can i hold her?" he spoke, stroking the babies cheek.

"Joe, she's your daughter as well" you laughed, wincing slightly from the cut across your stomach. he carefully picked up the baby and placed her on his chest. "oh my god" he whispered, he'd never been in love with something so much in his life. when he saw you struggling to move onto your back, he put the baby in the hospital crib which was next to the bed and stopped you. "wait a second, i'll help you" he said. he helped you moved around onto your back. you sighed when you finally relaxed onto your back. Joe sat back down onto the bed and picked up the baby again. "this is going to be difficult" you said, watching the two interact. "i know baby, but we are gonna get through it" he replied, his eyes not leaving the baby. you smiled at him. he was so caring. you had your phone next to you and took a few videos and photos of Joe and the baby in his arms. it was a beautiful sight and you were so proud of yourself.