shouting - j.k

kinda inspired by an imagine i've read before but i can't find the person to give credits, i've changed it so i'm not copying.

"mama look at my sand castle" you heard Lockie say to you as you watched her from your sun bed. "it's beautiful baby, you want me to take a photo and send it to nanny?" you asked softly, seeing a beautiful sand castle next to her. she nodded her head frantically before you got your phone out to take a photo. you sent the photo to you mum and Joe's mum before turning your phone off, focusing on your daughter. you got up from the sun bed and walked to where Lockie was and sat down next to her. Joe finally made himself know after his swim and walked to see Lockie's sand castle.

"daddy look, look at the sand castle i made, mama sent it to nanny" she said, grabbing his hand, pulling him to see the sand castle. Joe looked at the sand castle and gasped. "wow baby, it's so amazing, did you do that all by yourself?" he asked, picking her up, putting her on his hip. she squealed and giggled. "yes i did, i love making them" she said, looking back at the sand castle and then she looked at the sea. "mama, do you think we could go in the sea?" she said, grabbing for you. since Lockie's 3rd birthday a few weeks ago, she had gotten a lot closer with you and you loved it. Joe and Lockie had been close since she was born but now she was showing her affection to both of you.

Joe let her down and walked to the sun bed and grabbed a towel, wiping his face and body. "of course we can" you said, standing up, dusting the sand off your body. you reached your hand out for her to grab and you walked hand in hand to the sea. she dipped her toes in the water and squealed when she felt the coldness of the water, making you laugh. you kneeled down in the water, being level with her. "come on, i'll walk in with you" you said, pulling her into the water slowly.

she basically clung onto your side as you 'walked' into the water. she calmed down after a few minutes of squealing at the coldness and reached down to put her left hand in the water to feel the sand at the bottom. the water was a clear ish blue and you could see the bottom of the ocean. "isn't it beautiful" you said, also putting your hand in the water, feeling the sand between your fingers.

"pretty" she whispered, pulling away from the sand, standing up straight. Lockie walked closer to you and put her arms around your neck. "you okay my love?" you questioned, putting your arms around her waist. "i love you mama" she whispered to you. your heart swelled when you heard her say that. "i love you too Locks" you said, kissing the side of her head softly. you kept her in the hug and stood up out the water, walking back to Joe who was lounging on the sun bed. "hi love" you said, sitting down on the sun bed next to him. "hi babe, you alright?" he said, sitting up. you nodded your head then pointed to Lockie who was slowly falling asleep on your shoulder.

"go home?" he whispered and you nodded your head again. you stood up and 'helped' Joe collect your belongings before you walked off to the car. you looked at the time on your phone once you got in the car and saw it was already 7:42pm. way past Lockie's bed time. the drive home was practically silent with the soft snores of Lockie in the back filling the silence. you finally arrived back at your home after a thirty minute drive and got Lockie out of her car seat. you took her up to bed and saw she sort of woke up, giving you the perfect opportunity to get her pyjamas on. "we will have a bath tomorrow yeah?" you said, kissing her forehead after pulling her top over her head. she nodded softly and once you'd finished putting on her pyjamas, you helped her climb into bed.

"you cozy?" you said, she nodded her head and closed her eyes. "do you have snuggles?" you said, seeing the teddy bear wasn't in her arms like it usually would be. her eyes shot open as she searched for him and found him at the end of her bed. she reached for him and when she got back into her comfortable position, you pulled the blanket back over her. she closed her eyes and started drifting off to sleep. you kissed her forehead and stroked her hair a few times before whispering a quick 'i love you' and walked out the room.