test - j.k

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! "the pregnancy test... it's yours right?". another dad!Joe fanfiction, absolutely love writing these but this is also super short so sorry, enjoy <3

there you were. locked in the shared bathroom, pregnancy test in hand, thick tears falling down your face. you'd never planned for this to happen, you and Joe had only moved into your house three months ago and now you had a baby on the way? you were both so busy with work and other things, you'd never even spoken about having a baby. you had no idea how Joe would react, what if he left you alone with them? how would you take care of a baby all on your own? a thousand thoughts ran through your mind all at one and you were only pulled out of your trance when you heard Joe softly knock on the door. "y/n? are you alright? you've been in there for ages" he said, you quickly wrapped the test in the toilet paper which was next to you and put it in the bin.

"yeah i'm fine, i'll be out in a second" you stuttered, your voice sounded shaky and your nose was blocked. "y/n? are you sure you're alright? let me in babe" he said, turning the door knob slightly but stopped when he saw it was locked. "no i'm fine, give me a minute" you snapped. you heard him sigh before walking away from the door. you quickly washed your face to get rid of the mascara which was smudged all down your cheeks. once your face was free from mascara stains, you took a deep breath before unlocking the door and walking downstairs to see Joe sat down on the sofa with your dog Rex. you walked to sit next to Joe and you put your head on his chest. he put an arm around your shoulder and kissed your forehead. "i'm sorry for snapping earlier, i was trying to take my makeup off and it kept smudging" you spoke, your voice sounded strained from your crying but Joe didn't mention it.

"no it's okay, what do you wanna watch?" he said, changing the subject quickly which you were grateful for. "we can watch whatever. actually, what about Spree? that's one of my favourites" you said, he laughed loudly at you. Spree was one of your favourite films which Joe had starred in. he nodded his head and went to netflix to put it on. it was about halfway through the film when Joe announced he needed the toilet. you moved your head off of him and allowed him to get up. he was up there for a while and you wondered where he had got off too. just before you were about to get up and look for him, he came down the stairs. he looked anxious and stressed. you'd never seen him like this before.

"you okay?" you said as he sat back down next to you. he nodded his head and put an arm back around your shoulders, pulling you back into him. for the rest of the night he was acting strange, he hardly spoke throughout the film like he usually would, he had his arm around you but he wasn't playing with the ends of your hair, he just wasn't himself. after the film finished, you both got up to go get ready for bed. it was a quick process since you had already taken off your makeup. you put on your pyjamas which consisted of christmas bottoms and one of Joe's hoodies. you got into bed and waited for him to exit the bathroom.

once he did, he immediately slipped into the bed next to you and pulled you into his arms. he kissed your forehead and you closed your eyes. "i need it talk to you about something but i don't want to make you feel pressured to tell me or uncomfortable i would just like to know." he said, your eyes shot open. did he know? what was he going to say?. "when i went to the bathroom earlier, i had to put something in the bin and i saw something wrapped in toilet paper. i was curious so i pulled it out of the bin and i saw a positive pregnancy test" he said, your eyes welled up with tears as he spoke. he knew and you didn't know what to do. as he kept talking, the tears from your eyes fell at a fast pace.

"y/n i need you to tell me, the pregnancy test... it's yours right?" he said, finishing off what he was trying to say. you immediately started sobbing into his chest. you could only nod your head. no words would form in your brain allowing you to talk. "okay" he whispered, not pushing you to talk. he kissed your forehead as he pulled you on top of him. he held you as you sobbed to him, the only words coming out were small "i'm sorry's" which could barely be heard. Joe was trying to calm you down, kissing your forehead every so often and rubbing your back softly. "do you think you can take some deep breaths for me love? i need you to calm down" he said i'm the sweetest voice you'd ever heard.

you took some deep breaths and tried to calm down but the tears didn't stop falling. Joe sat up as best he could with you in his arms and started talking. "i know we didn't plan this and i know you're scared but we can discuss what you want to do. it's your body and i wouldn't want to push something on you which you aren't ready for. if you do want to keep the baby then we will manage yeah? i can see you being an amazing mum and i'd be so proud to say i was the father of that baby" he said, his words made more tears spill from your eyes, both happy and sad tears. you looked up from his chest and looked into his eyes and saw that he had a closed mouth smile. you sniffed and nodded your head, you knew you would get through this with Joe and you were so grateful for him.