cheat -s.h

you had only been with Steve for 6 months. you loved the start of the relationship. he was kind, caring and always put you before himself. but that all changed up quickly around the four month mark. he started becoming distant, always giving you the cold shoulder. you wanted it to work out, that's why you kept the relationship going. it was a Friday evening. you were waiting outside the cinema, praying that Steve would finally show up.

you had been standing there for an hour. the looks you got were full of sympathy and you even saw one of the girls from your old school. she spoke to you and her voice was kind and sympathetic. why was he not here? he was the one who planned this. you checked the wrist watch that you had put in your bag and saw that it had been another half an hour and it was now 8:30 at night. you had been there since 6. you were so embarrassed.

you finally got up from the bench that you were sat on and walked to your car. you were gonna go to Steve's house. you were sick and tired of this and you needed answers. you started the car and drove to his house, hoping he was home. something in your gut told you something wasn't right. you couldn't put your finger on it but something just wasn't. you finally arrived at his house and saw his car parked in the drive way.

"oh thank god" you spoke, turning into the drive way. you knocked on the door and waited for someone to open the door. "oh y/n. i didn't know you were coming tonight, Steve's up in his room" his mum said, seeing you standing outside. she pulled you in for a hug and moved out the way so you could walk in. "it's nice to see you. Steve didn't show up to our date so i just wanted to make sure he was okay" you said, walking into the house, and giving her a small smile.

"i do not know what's up with that boy recently, he's gone all weird. hopefully you can change him" she said, walking into the kitchen. you took that as your cue to leave so you started walking up the stairs to his room. you didn't usually knock so you just did what you usually did, walked right in. that icky feeling not going away. your gut feeling was right. you gasped at the sight in front of you. Steve was sat on his bed, kissing some random girl who you had no clue who she was.

"what the fuck" you said, making them pull away instantly. Steve looked at you with wide, guilty eyes. the girl turned around and you saw Nancy. your eyes filled with salty tears. "with Nancy? really?" you said, your voice filled with tears. you unclipped the necklace which had a single 'S' on it that Steve got you for your birthday 3 months prior, and chucked it at him. you turned around and ran down the stairs, Steve hot on your trail. "bye Mrs Harrington, it was nice to see you" you shouted out to her before going out the door.

"y/n please wait. hear me out please" you heard Steve shout out as you unlocked your car door and tried to get in. he caught up to you before you could get into the car. he grabbed your hand and turned you around to him. he put his free hand onto your cheek and made you look at him. "how could you do that to me Steve? you know how i feel about that and yet you still go and do that. and with her? what's wrong with you?" you cried, you pulled your hand away quickly and took his hand off your cheek.

he stood there looking defeated. "look baby it wasn't like that-" he started before you cut him off. "it wasn't like that? how dare you even say that." you replied, looking into his eyes. he looked guilty and hurt. "please love, i honestly didn't mean for it to happen and you know how much i love you" he said, putting his hands on your cheeks again. you broke the eye contact that he was holding and looked at the front door where Nancy was standing there, next to Steve's mum who looked confused as to why you were crying.

"how long have you been seeing her Steve?" you questioned. you needed to know this so you could clear your conscious. you wanted to know if you were going crazy or if he really was acting different from after your four month anniversary. "please don't make me say it" he said, a single tear falling down his face. "no Steve. tell me. i want to know" you said, pulling his hands off of your cheeks again. he looked down at the floor, a guilty look plastered on his face as the tears kept falling.

"two months." he sobbed. "oh my god" you whispered. more tears were falling down both your faces. "it didn't mean anything though y/n, i tired to cut it off but-" you shook your hand indicating you didn't want to hear it. " i knew it... loyalty never was your cup of tea, was it?" you spoke. you knew it was a risk when you first started dating. he had only just gotten over his break up with Nancy and you had those doubts and yet here you are, six months later, the exact thing you didn't want happening happened.

"baby please. come inside and tell me how i can fix it. i'm nothing without you and i love you" he sobbed again. "Steve. you've been off with me for two months. you made it so obvious and i really wanted us to work. you left me standing at the cinema today for an hour and a half and i thought you would have at least remembered that but obviously not. i hope you have an amazing life Steve and i hope she was worth it" you spoke. you wanted to kiss him to make sure it was fully ended, so that's what you did.

you cupped his cheeks and kissed him slightly, his lips tasted salty from the tears that had fallen but you quickly pulled away when he put his arms around your waist. "bye Steve" you said, getting into your car and turning it on. he walked back to the door and fell into his mums embrace. "oh what's happened Steve" she said, looking between him and Nancy. he couldn't get the words out as he sobbed. you drove off and never looked back. "Nancy go home" he got out, basically his whole body weight still on his mum. "what? Steve no i need to speak to you" she said, shocked at him even saying that. he chose her over you right?

"no Nancy go away. i don't wanna see you, i don't wanna talk to you, go home" he sobbed. the tears still falling down his face. Nancy grabbed her things and walked home. "you have just broken that girls heart Steve. why would you do that to that her? she was so lovely and you've just ruined her." his mum said as she rubbed his back softly, trying to calm him down. "don't you think i know that mum? i tried to stop it but i just couldn't" he said, leaning out of his mums embrace and looked into her eyes. she gave him a sympathetic look before walking away. Steve went to his room and sat on his bed, realising he had lost the best thing to ever walk into his life and he didn't know if he would her get her back.