pregnancy glow - s.h

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! pregnancy and baby imagines are honestly my favourite sorry if they are too much. sorry this is really short as well 😭

you were sat in the back yard of yours and Steve's house just outside of Hawkins. Steve didn't want to move to far away from the kids and all his friends so you moving only and hour away kept him at ease. a couple of months after moving into your house, you fell pregnant with your first child. you and Steve hadn't really been trying but Steve was so excited to be an actual dad instead of just 'mum Steve' or 'the babysitter' of the group.

you were waiting for Robin and the rest of the gang to come over to see you and just talk about everything. it was a boiling hot day and you were wearing a dress, no makeup on, and your hair was down but was out of your face, the sun shining on your skin. "hello you" you heard someone say, making you jump. you turned to where you heard the voice and saw Steve walking towards you. "hi love, is everyone here?" you said, sitting up from the sun bed.

"yeah they've just got here, i came outside to make sure you were okay" he said, walking closer to you, putting his arms out to help you stand up. after passing the 8 month mark and you were nearing your due date, getting up on your own was harder than usual. Steve had helped you each time you needed to get up and he'd been able the most amazing support.

"can you help me walk please, my back is killing me" you said as you stood up. "of course i'll help you" he said, holding your hand as he guided you into the living room where everyone was. "ahh there she is, how are you?" you heard Nancy say as she walked up and hugged you. "i'm okay thanks. hi guys" you said greeting everyone. the all got up and hugged you one by one, Robin was the last to hug you.

"you've got that pregnancy glow" she said, seeing your bright face. it was true, you'd luckily gotten a lot prettier than you already were during your pregnancy and like a lot of pregnant women, you did get that pregnancy glow. "thank you Robs. that's nice of you to say" you said, smiling at her. you pulled out of the hug and waddled to the sofa where you sat down next to Max.

"how have you been love?" you whispered to her as she lent her head on your shoulder. "yeah i'm okay, schools a bit stressful at the minute so i'm just happy to be away from Hawkins" she said, closing her eyes when she felt your head lay atop of hers. "you know you can come here anytime, if you call i can always get Steve to come get you" you said, playing with the ends of her hair.

"yeah i know" she said, her arms now fully wrapping around your waist and bump. "shall we try get her to kick?" you asked her. no one apart from you and Steve had felt your baby kick. it was truly one of the most magical feelings you'd ever felt. "yes, i haven't seen or felt her kick yet" she said, her mood completely changing into the happiest you'd seen her in a long time. "does anyone know when Eddie will be here?" Steve said, looking around the room, seeing Eddie wasn't there.

"he should be here soon, he left after us" Robin said, coming to sit next to you. he nodded before going back to his conversation with Dustin and Mike. after a few minutes of you poking and prodding at your swollen belly, you felt the hard kicks from your baby girl. "where should i put my hands?" Max questioned, she'd never seen a baby kick before so to her, this was all new. you grabbed her hand softly and placed it on where your baby was making herself known. "leave them there for a second, she'll start kicking again" you said, waiting for your baby to start kicking again.

you watched Max's face change into a shocked but happy expression when she felt the harsh kicks coming from your stomach. "oh my god, she's really in there" she said, eyes lighting up as she watched and felt the kicks. "can i feel?" you heard someone say. you looked up and saw El standing there awkwardly. you showed her a bright smile and put your hand out for her to take. you guided her hand to the baby bump and watched her face as she felt the kicks.

next thing you knew, you heard loud knocks coming from the front door. Steve and Dustin walked to the front door and you heard a loud "Eddie!". you sighed as you asked Robin to help you up. she stood up and put her arms out for you to grab. "ouch" you said once you fully stood up. "i know you're in pain but at least you look pretty" you heard Max say, making you laugh. you held Robins hand as you both walked to the front door to see Steve and Eddie hugging. "ahh beautiful y/n. how are you love?" he said, walking past Steve and Dustin, open arms wrapping around you, pulling you in for a hug.

"i'm good Ed's, how are you?" you questioned him. you and Eddie had gotten really close during all the crazy things that happened in Hawkins and he was so upset when you left. he phoned every week to check in on you, Steve, and the baby, which you were grateful for. "yeah i'm good, your skin looks amazing what? you look so fresh. not that you didn't before but you look at ease almost" he said, putting his hands on your cheeks as, inspecting your face, making you laugh.

"she's got that pregnancy glow Ed's. she could give birth at any point." Robin said in a 'matter of fact' tone, making you laugh harder. you all finished say bc your hellos before you walked back into the living room, sitting next to Max again. you closed your eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again. "you okay?" she whispered to you as she rested her head on your shoulder again. "yeah i'm okay" you replied, leaning your head on hers. you were surrounded by the people you love and you were so grateful for it.