birthday boy - j.k

hey angels, i hope everyone is doing well! as we all know it's Joe's birthday! (he's actually my twin coz we share a birthday how cute) anyway here is a dad!joe imagine for his birthday. it's really short (more like a blurb?) enjoy reading 🩷

"be really quiet sweetheart, daddy is still sleeping" you whispered to your Penny, five year old as the two of you walked up the stairs after eating breakfast. your seven month old Tilly was cooing in your arms, chewing on her clenched fist. Penny held her card close to her chest being careful to not crease it, wanting it to be perfect for her dad.

you wanted to make this day as special as you could for Joe. he had been working so hard, too hard even and he deserved at least one day where he got to relax. you opened the bedroom door, seeing Joe still sleeping, his hair all over the place making you smile. he was facing the door with his face smooshed into the pillow and he was snoring slightly.

you and Penny tiptoed around the bed, making sure you didn't wake him up as you snuck past him. you placed Tilly on the bed first, sitting her up against the headboard. you ran your finger over her cheek making her giggle loudly, your heart swelled with adoration. her little laugh was just the cutest thing in the entire world.

you next picked up Penny and helped her onto the bed before sitting down yourself, taking Tilly into your arms, giving her a few small kisses before setting her in front of you. "you wanna wake up daddy sweetie?" you asked Penny as you ran a hand through her disheveled hair. she nodded, handing you her card before she crawled toward Joe's sleeping body.

Joe felt the bed dip behind him as he slowly woke up from his sleep. "daddy" he heard a little voice say in the quiet bedroom. he turned around to see Penny, you and baby Tilly. his eyes adjusted to the bright room, looking around slightly confused that it was you guys waking him up and not his alarm.

"morning sweetheart" he turned his body around to face his small family and smiled sleepily. he felt Penny fall into his chest, her arms wrapping around his neck as she gave him a hug. "happy birthday daddy" she said as he hugged her back, his eyes half open. "thank you honey" he kissed her forehead before rubbing his left eye.

you picked up Tilly and moved to lay down next to Joe instead of sitting at the end of the bed. you turned your body to face Joe and Penny whilst Tilly was sat against your stomach, also facing Joe.

"happy birthday" you lent down to kiss him which he reciprocated, now more awake and aware of his surroundings. "thank you baby" he smiled, his hand rubbing up and down Penny's back. "what do you want to do today? i wanted you to choose" you ran your hand through his hair being careful to not tug harshly on any knots.

he sighed in contentment as your fingers continued to run through his hair. "can we just have a lazy day? i just want to be with you guys" he hugged Penny closer. Joe had always been cuddly in the mornings even before becoming a dad and it was lucky that your girls (and you) loved cuddles just as much as he did. "we can do whatever you want, it's your birthday" you smiled, looking at Joe and Penny cuddling.

the bedroom was filled with balloons with a few gifts and cards on your bedside table "daddy open mine first" Penny said leaning over you to grab it. Joe was now sat up against the headboard and he had Tilly in his lap facing him, she was looking up at him with her huge brown eyes smiling widely as her dad pulled faces at her. she was a carbon-copy of you but with Joe's hair and eyes.

he looked up from Tilly, his focus now on Penny. she was sat in between the two of you holding the white envelope in her hands. Penny was old enough to write on her own, obviously with the help spelling a few things and you made sure it was readable but her writing was really neat for a 5 year old.

Joe opened the card and was amazed at how much neater her handwriting was from the last time he saw it. he pulled Penny into his side and started reading his card out loud. Penny and Joe read the card together, feeling yourself tear up and how grown up your first baby was.

"wow honey your handwriting is amazing and your words were so beautiful, thank you" he kissed her forehead and pulled her closer. "you're welcome" she said, her sweet voice melting your heart. "this one's from me" you turned to the bedside table where your card was and passed it to him.

Joe opened the card and read it. you thanked him for being an amazing husband, an incredible dad who always puts others before himself and how talented he was. you also wrote that you wouldn't be the person you were without him and that you were thankful that he was in your life.

he carefully pulled you into his side, careful to not squish Penny too much, and kissed you passionately. "thank you sweetheart" he kissed you again, keeping his arm around your shoulders. "it's not even eleven and this is already my favourite birthday ever" Joe kissing your forehead again and stroked Tilly's cheek. she squealed and cooed at her dad. "i'm glad you're enjoying it baby. you deserve it" you kissed his cheek and placed your hand into his, his smile widened and his cheeks blushed brightly.

Joe felt content with his girls around him, he'd never forget moments like this and this was truly the best birthday ever.