keys - s.h

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! also let's just say that the grocery store is near Family Video. i hope this was okay <3

you had just moved to Hawkins from the UK. leaving your family was one of the hardest things you'd ever done but finding out you were pregnant would effect their reputation and you did not want to ruin that, they honestly didn't mind that you were pregnant, you were 18 years old and a responsible adult but you needed to get away from your ex as well as the looks from the neighbours. your ex left you as soon as he found out you were pregnant but he would get his friends to call by your house, leaving horrible messages about you and what they'd do if they saw you with the baby, so when you were really showing, moving away was the best thing for you.

you'd moved into a tiny house and befriended your neighbour quite quickly and you found out her name was Robin. she had helped you move in and set up
the baby room and now you only had to wait two months before your baby was here. you were on your way to the grocery store when you suddenly dropped your car keys on the pavement. "shit" you said, trying to bend down to pick them up but your huge baby bump was in the way, stopping you from reaching them.

you suddenly felt out of breath after trying for a few minutes and you stood up straight, a hand falling on your bump as you tried to catch your breath. you looked around to see if anyone was free to help you and you luckily saw a boy, a bit older than you, getting out of his car, he chucked his keys in the air and caught them once they fell again. "hey!" you shouted out to him. he looked around to see you standing there, hand on your bump, out of breath. "can you help me?" you said, giving him your best smile. he walked over to you. putting his keys in his pocket in the process.

Steve had never seen a more beautiful girl in his whole life, he looked past the bump and saw you. you were stunning. "you okay?" he said, and he was relieved when you nodded your head. "im so sorry to bother you, but would you mind picking up my keys? i dropped them, and my bumps kinda in my way" you joked, stepping back and you looked down at your keys. Steve was speechless, a pretty girl like you asking for his help, it had made his day. he laughed and bent down and grabbed your keys, seeing the few key rings surrounding it. you sighed in happiness when he passed the keys over to you.

"thank you so much, i really appreciate that" you said, putting them in your hand bag. "no problem, i'm Steve" he said, putting out a hand for you to shake. you shook his hand and replied with a small 'y/n' before pulling your hand away. it was silent for a moment before he spoke up again. "you're beautiful, how far along are you" he said, eyeing your bump. "oh thank you, i'm 7 months along so two months left and it won't just be me" you said blushing hard. you'd just let this guy and he was already making you feel better then your ex ever did.

Steve was about to start talking before he heard his voice being called. "Steve who the hell are you talking to-" you could recognise thy voice from anywhere, it was Robin. she shut her mouth when she saw you standing there in front of him. "y/n, what are you doing here, are you okay?" she said, seeing you standing there. "oh Robin, i'm okay, i'm just gonna go grocery shopping but i dropped my keys and Steve helped me pick them up" you said, a genuine smile on your face. her face changed from scared to relieved when she knew you were okay.

"wait you guys know each other?" Steve said, looking between you and Robin. "yes Steve, she's Y/n, my neighbour i was telling you about?" she said, confused as to how Steve didnt recognise you. "oh my god. you're y/n, as in the y/n." he said, shocked that the girl Robin had been talking about, was you. "Steve did you recognise her with the baby bump and that her name is y/n? i don't think there is another y/n in Hawkins dingus" she said, slapping her forehead. the way Robin described you did not do you justice, you were so much better than she'd described.

you laughed at his shocked expression and started talking. "well, i have to go, i need to do my food shopping" you said, starting to walk away. Robin said her goodbyes and said she's would be round yours later to help you finish off some things and she started walking away as well. "wait y/n" you heard Steve shout out to you, you turned back around to see him walking to you. "let me take you out tomorrow" he said, grabbing your hand softly. you smiled before the negative thoughts started swarming your head. what if he was only asking you out for a joke? what if he talked about you behind your back? so many thoughts ran through your mind before you were pulled out of your thoughts when you felt him place his free hand on your cheek.

"i'm not joking around with you. i think you're genuinely beautiful and i want to get to know you" he said, a huge smile on his face. your eyes soften when you met his and smiled yourself. "okay then. what time do you want to pick me up?" you replied, a deep red blush on your cheeks, a nervous habit you had picked up when you were a kid. "10 ish? we can do whatever you want" he replied, waiting for your answer. "maybe we could get breakfast?" you said, already tasting pancakes and syrup in your mouth as you savoured the thought. "yeah we can do that, i'll be outside yours at 10" he said, he kissed your cheek before you had a chance to reply and you stood there, stunned.

as soon as Steve entered Family Video and a bright blush was covering his cheeks, Robin questioned him. "what's got you blushing dingus" she said, a big smirk on her face. "i think i've just met the love of my life" he said, he almost sounded out of breath. "well, i guess you haven't lost your Harrington charm after all" she said before walking into the back. meeting you was the best thing to ever happen to him and he couldn't wait till tomorrow.