hair cut - j.k

REQUESTED ON TUMBLR! so for this it's basically you used to have long hair but you cut it shorter than usual and you're insecure.
this was so bad 💀

you walked into the house, a huge frown on your face as you closed the front door, locking it after you. you didn't want to see anyone, you didn't want to talk to anyone, you just wanted to be alone. you took off your shoes and put your bag down and walked into the living room. you were upset. you'd finally gotten your hair cut after after having it long for so many years, only going to the hairdressers to get a trim, and you did not like it.

you missed your long hair and it hadn't even been a day. Joe, your boyfriend, was begging you to allow him to come over so he could see it. he knew you wouldn't like it at first but you'd definitely grow to like it. he was calling and texting you but you didn't reply. you were too busy moping on your sofa, feeling insecure about your new hairstyle.

in all fairness, it wasn't even really that short, it came to just below your collarbones now instead of midway down your back. you didn't even look in the mirror when you got into your car before you drove home. you just didn't want to see it. you preferred yourself with your long hair and now it was gone. you got up off the sofa and walked up to your bedroom and sat at your vanity, analysing every single strand of hair and the length, how different you looked from before. your eyes flooded with tears as you looked at your new hair cut. why couldn't you just like it?

Joe was worried when you didn't answer his calls or messages so he drove to your house in full panic mode. once he arrived at your house, he unlocked the front door with his key that he had and searched for you. "y/n? where are you love?" he said, walking around your house. you heard his calls but didn't want to reply, you knew because you were crying, your voice would sound sad and you didn't want him to hear that. your head was in your hands as you quietly sobbed.

"baby? i know you're home your cars in the driveway-" he said, entering your room, seeing you sobbing at your desk. "oh y/n. don't be upset love" he said, walking quickly over to you. he wrapped his arms around you and picked you up and walked to your bed. he sat at the end of it and held you as you cried.

after a few minutes of crying, you finally looked up at him. he looked at your new hair and smiled "why are you sad?" he questioned, a hand running through your hair. "don't you see? i look weird now. i hate it so much, i shouldn't of cut it" you cried, rubbing your left eye. he shook his head and wiped your cheeks. "you've never looked more beautiful" he whispered, pulling your hand away from your face.

you looked up and him in shock, is he saying you look better now then you did before? "well, you were stunning when you had long hair but i think this length suits you perfectly. it enhances your face a lot. you look beautiful" he said, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear. "you really think so?" you asked, seeing if he was being genuine. he nodded and smiled at you.

"you didn't answer my calls or messages, i was getting worried" he said, his hand never leaving your hair. "i know i'm sorry. i just drove straight home and didn't speak to anyone" you replied, hands falling to his waist. "it's okay, you should have called me. i would have gotten here before you got home, i could have made you feel better earlier." he replied, leaning in to kiss your cheek.

he pulled you off him and led you to the bathroom where you looked at yourself in the big mirror. "you look so pretty" he said, standing behind you, putting his arms around your waist. you looked at yourself and sighed, maybe you were being dramatic, you did look pretty with this new hair cut. "okay well, i do look pretty" you said shyly, your hands finding Joe's. "see, what did i say?" he replied, kissing your cheek repeatedly. you knew, no matter how bad you were feeling about yourself, he could always make you feel better.