baby Junie - j.k

hey lovelies! i hope you're all okay. requested on tumblr! a dad!joekeery x mum!reader imagine. has a few mistakes but other than that i hope you all enjoy! it's really short i'm sorry!

you and Joe had been together for 7 years and it had been the best 7 years you could ever imagine. you travelled together, tried new things together, worked together and now after being married for a year you had brought a beautiful baby girl into this world, together. she was the most beautiful thing you'd ever seen and the fact that you had created something as perfect as her blew your mind.

season 4 of stranger things had just aired and today was your first interview of many. you had brought your baby, Junie, along with you because you were still breast feeding and you honestly just felt more comfortable with her being with you. she was only 6 weeks old and your mum had promised to look after her in the room down the hall from the interview. even though the interview was meant to be about stranger things you had a feeling that you were definitely going to be asked about your baby and that was fine, you were excited to finally speak about her.

you were sat in the chair next to Joe, waiting for the arrival of the interviewer. after 5 minutes of last minute makeup and hair touch ups the interviewer finally entered the room with a huge smile on her face. "hi i'm Sarah, it's nice to meet you both" she said, sitting down opposite the 2 of you. you both greeted her with 'hellos' and smiles before Sarah started the interview.

"to start this interview off i want to congratulate you, y/n and Joe, on the birth of your daughter. how are you both doing?" Sarah smiled at the two of you and you smiled back. "we are doing really well. y/n is such an incredible mum and watching her love our daughter is just so amazing" you looked at Joe with eyes full of adoration.

"y/n, how have the past few weeks been for you? is it worse or better than you imagined?" you heard Sarah say making you turn your attention to her. "these past six weeks have been amazing i mean i've always wanted to be a mum and Junie is just the most perfect baby. you see your friends have babies and they say there's no feeling to describe motherhood and then you have your own baby in your arms and you find out your friends are right, there's no word to describe it"

"i just want to say you look absolutely incredible for being six weeks postpartum" you felt your cheeks heat up at the compliment and whispered a small 'thank you'. "doesn't she? she looked beautiful before but now she looks even better" Joe said, teasing you a little making you giggle and put your hands over your face to try cover your blush.

"i'm lucky because Junie looks exactly like y/n so she's just as beautiful as her mum" Joe gently pulled your hands away from your face and lent in to kiss your cheek. "don't get shy baby" he wrapped his arms around your shoulders bringing you into him so he could kiss your forehead.

"the other day i had left for a few hours to see some friends, if i'm being honest i didn't really want to leave them but she insisted i have a break, and i came back and saw the two of them sleeping on the couch, it was the sweetest thing i've ever seen. i had to take a picture so i can always look back on the moment"

Sarah awed and put her hands to her chest "that is so adorable. i bet she is beautiful. i saw that you posted a picture of the three of you just after you gave birth to announce she was here but you covered her face. do you both plan on sharing a picture of her face on social media?" this was something you had both discussed and you were honestly glad it was being brought up.

Joe didn't have an instagram, well he did but it was for his music, so it was you who posted the picture of the three of you on yours. you and Joe were smiling on your hospital bed with Junie in his arms, the picture was beautiful. "we were actually thinking of posting a few pictures of her soon. we wanted to keep her face a secret so we could just love her and keep her to ourselves but i think we are ready to share her" Joe said, moving his arm from around your shoulder to hold your right hand instead.

"i think sharing your child online puts you in such a vulnerable situation, like we shared her name and we got quite a few mean comments just for that and showing her face is completely different. but yeah, we are definitely ready to show her to the world" you added, feeling Joe's hand squeeze yours. "i don't want to pry to much but what is Junie like? has her personality started to shine through yet?"

"she's started cooing and it's just so cute, we have started doing this thing just before bath time where we sing to different songs and she loves it, she smiles, she's more alert, so yeah her personality is shining through just a little bit. i'm just hoping i see more smiles, it makes her look exactly like y/n when she smiles" Joe speaking about your daughter made your heart swell with adoration.

"i love my girls, they're the best thing that has ever happened to me. let's just say i'm very grateful"