vecna - s.h

Did i get inspiration from Max and Vecna? sort of. just an fyi that there is talk about death in this so please don't read if you're uncomfortable with that x

you knew it was coming. you had heard and seen the grandfather clock, you had visions of Vecna and your time was running out. you had written notes to every person that meant something to you. you started off with your mum. she had been your been your biggest support through anything you'd done and she was extra supportive after your dad died. you had heard that Vecna played off of his victims traumas and your dads death was definitely your biggest trauma.

he had died suddenly in a car accident on his way to pick you up from Steve's house. it was probably one of your biggest regrets, asking him to pick you up. it had only been a year and that night sometimes just replayed in your mind. your next letter was to Steve. your sweet boy. he had been your boyfriend for two years and other than your dad dying, it had been the best two years of your life. he took you and picked you up from work, you guys had a movie night every Tuesday which was one of your favourite days of the week just because you spent time with Steve. he was just all around the most perfect boyfriend and you'd never want to have a relationship with anyone else.

you wrote letters to everyone else- Dustin, Max, El, Mike, Eddie, Lucas, Robin and a few of your other friends who you'd been friends with since forever. you also wrote letters to each member of your family, telling them how much they mean to you. as you were sat at your desk, writing the last letter to one of your cousins, you heard a knock at your bedroom door. you jumped, you were scared of basically every single thing. you looked back to the door. before you could say anything, the person barged into your room, giving you no time to hide the letters. "babe? what are you doing?" it was Steve. you scattered the letters around, trying to hide them, it was too late and he saw them. he gave you a look, the look that said 'what are you doing?'. you sighed before speaking.

"it's just incase something goes wrong okay? it's just so i can clear my conscious." you said, turning back to the letter you were finishing. "nothing's going to go wrong okay?" he spoke, coming over to where you were sitting. he put his hands on your shoulders and kissed your forehead. you smiled slightly. even in a time where you were scared, he always knew how to calm you down. you finished the letter, putting it in the envelope, before sealing it shut. "i need you to do me a favour Steve. if something goes wrong-" you spoke before he cut you off. "nothing will go wrong" he interrupted. you sighed before continuing. "Steve. stop okay? if something goes wrong, please just give the letters to my mum and the rest of my family okay? i can't face looking at them whilst giving them these." you said, standing up, handing him your families letters.

"and as i said, i won't need to because nothing will go wrong." he said, putting his hands on your cheeks, making you look into his eyes. "you don't know that Steve. can we just go so i can give the kids their letters?" you said, pulling away from his hold. he nodded his head and took hold of your hand. he saw your walkman on your bed and he grabbed it and your favourite song. he wanted to be safe. you guys walked to Steve's car and drove to Family Video, he knew Robin, Max, Lucas and Dustin were there so that's where you went first. you exited the car and walked into Family video. you saw them all behind the counter talking about Vecna and once the all saw you with five letters in your hand, they instantly stopped talking. you gave them your best smile before handing them their letters. Steve shook his head as you handed them out. "y/n we don't need letters. what are you doing?" Dustin said as you handed him his letter.

"it's just incase something goes wrong okay?" you said, handing Robin her letter. "i need to speak to you" you whispered to her, one last letter in your hand. she nodded her head and took you to the stock room. Steve and the others where confused. "where are you guys going?" he spoke once you guys got to the stock room door. "i just need to show her something Dingus. speak amongst yourselves" she said, pulling you into the stock room. you broke down, handing her the letter. there was a small 'Steve' in cursive writing in the top corner with a tiny heart next to it. "i couldn't give it to his face Robin. you are gonna have to do it for me. please?" you sounded desperate. she nodded her head and pulled you in for a hug. you cried on her shoulder before pulling away. "thank you. he keeps saying it won't go wrong but i can feel it Robs. something bad is going to happen to me wether i survive or not." you said, looking at her face. it was almost unreadable.